What do you think?

overclocking an old low budget gpu. can play fallout new vegas on ultra with about 20ish fps. max temp ive seen was about 60c and stable. not bad i think, higher oc than most ive seen. and yes i know its not that great of a gpu, but hey it works!

" class="img lazy">
12 answers Last reply
More about what think
  1. It is all air cooled too. antec 300 case, intel core 2 duo e7200, 5 gig ddr2 ram
  2. All that on stock voltage? Have you done a kombustor test, or the like?
  3. yes, with only about 55c temp.
  4. How long did you do the kombustortest for? I don't know much abot your particular card, but if that is stable, then you got lucky.
  5. about 1 hr, i think my case has a lot to do with it, i mean tom's rated it as one of the best for airflow and whatnot.
  6. I had that gpu in my old rig, I wouldn't reccomend overclocking it. At least for me, it became unstable after even the slightest overclock.
  7. yeah, i thought it would be unstable, so i overclock a little bit at a time. after testing i seen the temp did not change much, not the fan speed, so after a while i overclocked it to the max msi afterburner could do just to see. to my surprise it ran stable. day 5 running it like this with no crash or artifacts on my games.
  8. When I tried to overclock mine the temps weren't the issue. Rather I was getting artifacts in kombustor and gameplay. Like Wanderer said, if your card is stable, you got lucky.
  9. i only payed $30 for it off of a friend who needed cash and i needed a gpu for now till tax time. im slowly upgrading everything. but for the games i play this card is not bad considering the OC, which give my old build a bit of new life. lol
  10. Wow nice work m8. You just got your card to GT430 performance levels. I guess you got lucky and got a higher binned GPU but still its pretty amazing.
  11. i would try to do more OC, but this is the max msi can do, all other programs either wont do as much or wont let me do all 3 (core, shader, mem)
  12. any ideals on gpu oc software besides msi, asus, evga, and ntune?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking GPUs Graphics