SB-800 - problem?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
August 26, 2005 5:45:02 PM

Cannot seem to get my SB-800 back into auto zoom mode. The manual says that
repeatedly pressing the "one-tree" or "three-tree"
button (p. 26) will get it back to auto...didn't work. Nor did it work
changing in custom settings (p. 70). Also, couldn't get the zoom position
to change even manually (p. 27). I've got the darn "M Zoom" icon no matter
what and am unable to manually change the flash zoom. Any ideas?

TIA,
George

More about : 800 problem

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:53:30 PM

IF the difuser cap is on the system is will be automaticly set to 14 MM,
remouve the difuser ans the auto zoom is back...

kind regards,

@rjen www.foto-web.nl

"george" <nowhere@newsonly.com> schreef in bericht
> Cannot seem to get my SB-800 back into auto zoom mode. The manual says
> that repeatedly pressing the "one-tree" or "three-tree"
> button (p. 26) will get it back to auto...didn't work. Nor did it work
> changing in custom settings (p. 70). Also, couldn't get the zoom position
> to change even manually (p. 27). I've got the darn "M Zoom" icon no
> matter what and am unable to manually change the flash zoom. Any ideas?
>
> TIA,
> George

August 27, 2005 2:56:52 AM

"arjen keyser" <nospam@w@n@doo.nl> wrote in message
> IF the difuser cap is on the system is will be automaticly set to 14 MM,
> remouve the difuser ans the auto zoom is back...
>
> kind regards,
>
> @rjen www.foto-web.nl

Thanks...that solved the problem.

George
August 27, 2005 5:50:48 AM

"george" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
> Cannot seem to get my SB-800 back into auto zoom mode. The manual says
> that repeatedly pressing the "one-tree" or "three-tree"
> button (p. 26) will get it back to auto...didn't work. Nor did it work
> changing in custom settings (p. 70). Also, couldn't get the zoom position
> to change even manually (p. 27). I've got the darn "M Zoom" icon no
> matter what and am unable to manually change the flash zoom. Any ideas?
>
> TIA,
> George

If you are using the diffusion dome, this sets the zoom at 14mm with no
other choices available. You, therefore, cannot access the auto-zoom mode
until you remove the diffusion dome. It then releases the 14mm pre-set back
to the auto-zoom control.
Bob
August 27, 2005 5:50:49 AM

"Robert Brace" <rlbrace@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> "george" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
>
> If you are using the diffusion dome, this sets the zoom at 14mm with no
> other choices available. You, therefore, cannot access the auto-zoom mode
> until you remove the diffusion dome. It then releases the 14mm pre-set
> back to the auto-zoom control.
> Bob

That was it...thanks.

George