Pentax 1000mm reflex on EOS 10D?

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 27, 2005 5:29:10 AM

Some years ago I bought a used Pentax 1000mm reflex for my Pentax ME Super
camera. I haven't really used it the last couple of years, since I've gone
digital, but it would have been cool to be able to use this lens on my
10D... The problem though, is that this is a Pentax K-mount... Anyone know
this lens, and maybe have a solution to my problem?
--
Espen Mills
www.espenmills.com

In article <430fa5c7$1@news.broadpark.no>,
Espen Mills <espmills@online.no> wrote:
>Some years ago I bought a used Pentax 1000mm reflex for my Pentax ME Super
>camera. I haven't really used it the last couple of years, since I've gone
>digital, but it would have been cool to be able to use this lens on my
>10D... The problem though, is that this is a Pentax K-mount... Anyone know
>this lens, and maybe have a solution to my problem?

I know of a couple of people who have done K-mount to EOS conversions;
I beleive one of then (in Germany, IIRC) offers adapters for sale.

You lose aperture automation, but that's not an issue for a reflex :-)
And because the EOS register distance is less than the K-mount, there
is no problem with maintaining infinity focus.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 5:29:11 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:29:10 +0200, "Espen Mills" <espmills@online.no>
wrote:

>Some years ago I bought a used Pentax 1000mm reflex for my Pentax ME Super
>camera. I haven't really used it the last couple of years, since I've gone
>digital, but it would have been cool to be able to use this lens on my
>10D... The problem though, is that this is a Pentax K-mount... Anyone know
>this lens, and maybe have a solution to my problem?

Yes, start here:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focu...

"There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe
that war will cease to exist in the future. As man has become
increasingly civilized, his means of destroying his fellow man
have become ever more efficient, cruel and devastating.
Is it possible to put an end to a form of human behavior which
has existed throughout history by means of photography?
The proportions of that notion seem ridiculously out of balance.
Yet, that very idea has motivated me.

James Nachtwey
War Photographer
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
August 27, 2005 5:29:11 AM

"Espen Mills" <espmills@online.no> wrote:

> Anyone maybe have a solution to my problem?

Yes... trade in your EOS 10D for a Pentax DSLR, 4 models to chose at the
moment :^)

--
Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

"John Francis" <johnf@panix.com> wrote:
> Espen Mills <espmills@online.no> wrote:
>>Some years ago I bought a used Pentax 1000mm reflex for my Pentax ME Super
>>camera. I haven't really used it the last couple of years, since I've gone
>>digital, but it would have been cool to be able to use this lens on my
>>10D... The problem though, is that this is a Pentax K-mount... Anyone know
>>this lens, and maybe have a solution to my problem?
>
> I know of a couple of people who have done K-mount to EOS conversions;
> I beleive one of then (in Germany, IIRC) offers adapters for sale.

Do you have a URL?

> You lose aperture automation, but that's not an issue for a reflex :-)
> And because the EOS register distance is less than the K-mount, there
> is no problem with maintaining infinity focus.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 10:25:59 PM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:25:58 +0200, "Espen Mills" <espmills@online.no>
wrote:

>"John Francis" <johnf@panix.com> wrote:
>> Espen Mills <espmills@online.no> wrote:
>>>Some years ago I bought a used Pentax 1000mm reflex for my Pentax ME Super
>>>camera. I haven't really used it the last couple of years, since I've gone
>>>digital, but it would have been cool to be able to use this lens on my
>>>10D... The problem though, is that this is a Pentax K-mount... Anyone know
>>>this lens, and maybe have a solution to my problem?
>>
>> I know of a couple of people who have done K-mount to EOS conversions;
>> I beleive one of then (in Germany, IIRC) offers adapters for sale.
>
>Do you have a URL?

He's thinking of Zoerk most likely but they do only MF to 35mm.

http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_mounta.htm

I'm looking at one of their Hasselblad to Canon EOS adapters.

But I'm not aware of them making any 35mm to 35mm adapter. See the URL
I have in another post for Pentax K to EF.

"There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe
that war will cease to exist in the future. As man has become
increasingly civilized, his means of destroying his fellow man
have become ever more efficient, cruel and devastating.
Is it possible to put an end to a form of human behavior which
has existed throughout history by means of photography?
The proportions of that notion seem ridiculously out of balance.
Yet, that very idea has motivated me.

James Nachtwey
War Photographer
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 4:46:26 PM

In article <43109417$1@news.broadpark.no>, "Espen Mills"
<espmills@online.no> wrote:

> "John Francis" <johnf@panix.com> wrote:
> > I know of a couple of people who have done K-mount to EOS conversions;
> > I beleive one of then (in Germany, IIRC) offers adapters for sale.
>
> Do you have a URL?

Espen-

One German company that produces adapters is Novoflex. Go to
http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm
and click on Adapters. Unless they have unlisted products, the only
Pentax lens that they can adapt to EOS, is the Pentax 6X7. They do
produce EOS adapters for Nikon and Leica-R 35mm lenses.

Fred
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 9:57:46 PM

In article <fmmck-2808051246260001@acafe8b8.ipt.aol.com>,
Fred McKenzie <fmmck@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <43109417$1@news.broadpark.no>, "Espen Mills"
><espmills@online.no> wrote:
>
>> "John Francis" <johnf@panix.com> wrote:
>> > I know of a couple of people who have done K-mount to EOS conversions;
>> > I beleive one of then (in Germany, IIRC) offers adapters for sale.
>>
>> Do you have a URL?

http://www.cottysnaps.com/snaps/mods/details.html

That's a guy who has made his own adapter.

He's recently purchased one of the ones from other sources, too -
I'm sure he know more than most people about what is available.
!