Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer gets very hot

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 27, 2013 10:48:21 PM

i have a intel i5 2500 that max heat is 72c my runs in full load in abou 65c,and a geforce gtx 550 ti that runs around 90c and it max tempersture is 100c, its ok? or should i do something

More about : computer hot

January 27, 2013 11:02:06 PM

You might want to consider improving case airflow. The CPU and GPU aren't going to fall apart at those temperatures, but you're riding the edge.
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:10:59 PM

65 is acceptable, is max really just 72?

for gpu, 90 is too high, esp since 550ti is not high end (high end ones tend to be hotter) i haven't seen anything hitting 80 since the 8800gt.

yes. try to improve airflow. also, you can try touching the heatsink (be careful), if it gets hot, if not then maybe it's not seated properly.

try opening the side panel also, see if it helps. if it does then you really need to improve airflow, add some fans, clear the cables
m
0
l
Related resources
January 27, 2013 11:19:03 PM

Cons29 said:
65 is acceptable, is max really just 72?

for gpu, 90 is too high, esp since 550ti is not high end (high end ones tend to be hotter) i haven't seen anything hitting 80 since the 8800gt.

yes. try to improve airflow. also, you can try touching the heatsink (be careful), if it gets hot, if not then maybe it's not seated properly.

try opening the side panel also, see if it helps. if it does then you really need to improve airflow, add some fans, clear the cables


72 is not the absolute max but it is close. Some quick goggle searches show Tcase 72 degrees as max.. You should try to keep the cores below 70.

You really need to see what is the problem here. If you think it is airflow in the case then open the side and let it run that way for awhile. Does the temp improve significantly?

Just so you know I have the K model of that chip and it runs top end around 40 so 65 is pretty high.
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:40:45 PM

thanks this helped alot
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:45:05 PM

if i buy a better psu it will affect the cpu and gpu temp?
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:49:15 PM

mariobros006 said:
if i buy a better psu it will affect the cpu and gpu temp?


Not likely unless the voltage is off by alot. What is the make and model of your psu?
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:58:20 PM

jnkweaver said:
Not likely unless the voltage is off by alot. What is the make and model of your psu?

it was a flux super 500w
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 12:06:22 AM

mariobros006 said:
it was a flux super 500w


Another generic power supply. Where are you located I will suggest a good one?
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 12:07:38 AM

mariobros006 said:
thanks this helped alot


So what are the temperatures with the side off?
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 1:59:51 AM

jnkweaver said:
Another generic power supply. Where are you located I will suggest a good one?

brazil, i am thinking a corsair
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 2:06:16 AM

mariobros006 said:
brazil, i am thinking a corsair


Seasonic is the best. Corsair, XFX are good both made by Seasonic. Antec is good. Makes sure it is at least Bronze rated. Gold is better and in my opinion worth the money increase.
m
0
l
!