Difficutly Installing Game In XP

I am attempting to install Monty Python's Meaning Of Life game on my XP
computer. Every time I get into the installation screen, it tells me I need
Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 or higher, then shuts installation down after I
click OK. I have all the latest XP service packs. It's a Win 95 program, so
I'm WELL within the minimum system requirements; plus I got a DOS version of
Oregon Trail from approx. 1985 to work with minimal difficulty, so I
shouldn't think this would be any trouble. Any suggestions?

"lustreking" <lustreking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to install Monty Python's Meaning Of Life game on my XP
> computer. Every time I get into the installation screen, it tells me I
> need
> Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 or higher, then shuts installation down
> after I
> click OK. I have all the latest XP service packs. It's a Win 95 program,
> so
> I'm WELL within the minimum system requirements; plus I got a DOS version
> of
> Oregon Trail from approx. 1985 to work with minimal difficulty, so I
> shouldn't think this would be any trouble. Any suggestions?

On the setup program itself, right click go to properties and select the
compatibility tab - turn on compatibility in Windows 9x or NT4 SP5 mode and
see if that does it. If not try some of the other options on the same page.

If the setup file is on disc, like a CD with autorun right click the drive
icon in My Computer and go to Browse to find usually either setup.exe or
install.exe

Hope that helps!

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

That did the trick, thanks!

> That did the trick, thanks!

Good stuff :cool: Thanks for posting back!

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.