Sign in with
Your question

Decent Office build?

Last response: in Systems
January 27, 2013 11:35:14 PM

Hello
I am trying to get a decent office computer. It will be mostly used for internet browsing, accounting, lots of documents. I do want an SSD, integrated graphics, the smallest form factor possible, and do not want Win8. I am really trying to keep the price down, but if it you have any input that would greatly increase the productivity then by all means share. As of right now I will be re-using a monitor but I am planning to have a dual monitor setup in the future.

CPU: AMD A4-5300
MOBO: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS
RAM: G.Skill 4GB stick F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G
ROUTER: BELKIN E9K6000
MODEM: Motorola SB6121
CASE: Rosewill R379-M
DVD: Samsung SH-224BB
SPEAKERS: Logitech S120

So, what you think?

More about : decent office build

January 28, 2013 3:34:36 PM

Can't find a damn thing wrong with it! Looks like a solid build for your purposes.

OK, if you insist, one small issue I see: you say you want small as possible, but note that your case has capacity for only one internal HDD. This is not an issue if you are certain your 120GB SSD is enough. However, if your needs ever change and you need to add a storage drive, you will need a bigger case.

Another consideration, your MB does not have HDMI out, only VGA. Again, this may not be an issue to you now, but this would give you the option to upgrade to HDMI in the future. You could get this Biostar for about the same price, or ASRock for about $20 more:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
January 28, 2013 6:37:03 PM

Thanks for the reply! Good point with the HDMI, I might have to consider that change. As for the HDD space, I will end up going with a NAS for back up of all computers.
Related resources
January 28, 2013 11:02:16 PM

Also are you sure that you need a router/modem? If yours is broken you can often get them free from your internet provider if you renew your contract. That is a pretty large chunk of your budget. You could put the difference toward a low profile graphics card and your second monitor.
January 28, 2013 11:03:24 PM

looking good, what ps ur gonna use?

January 29, 2013 2:37:24 AM

The power supply comes with the case. Usually I don't do that, but I had a good luck with that particular case before.
January 29, 2013 2:39:45 AM

Aristotelian said:
Also are you sure that you need a router/modem? If yours is broken you can often get them free from your internet provider if you renew your contract. That is a pretty large chunk of your budget. You could put the difference toward a low profile graphics card and your second monitor.

I did not know I could get a free modem from the ISP. Usually they charge a monthly fee to get one, so it is better to just buy one. I will inquire about that though, thanks!
January 29, 2013 3:56:34 AM

yes u can get a free one, that u pay 3$ per month rental fee.

January 29, 2013 12:14:03 PM

Just threaten to switch to another provider and see what they say. I have DSL (not cable), but I have had the router-modem replaced several times over the years.
January 29, 2013 1:04:24 PM

i guess thats an option but threatening to switch can do the opposite.

;) 
!