First New Build Crash to Desktop problems

bioober

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hi, I have recently built a computer that I think should handle multiple games on high settings, but when I do, the games continuously crashes to the desktop on higher setting. Though I do have no problem playing on low settings. I have updated my GPU drivers and bios/chipset and have ran MSI Kombuster for an hour with no problems. Although I may think it can be the Vista but I'm not sure at all. Any help would be appreciated.
My computer Specs are as follows.

CPU: i5 3570k
Mother Board: Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 1155 MATX Motherboard
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC version
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750W

Solution
Yes, vista has directX10 so you can play at low setting and be fine but when you crank the settings up your computer doesn't know how to handle the higher quality but it knows it should be able to since any socketed CPU is 64-bit it crashes when it can't fill the demand for high quality.

Spartin503

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Yeah, most games made after 2007 needs DirectX 11 and some need 64-bit Java, both only work with 64-bit operation systems. So yes it's the OS. But I have a question for you, what possessed you to put 32-bit Vista into a computer.

bioober

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Alright thanks. My friend had a Vista lying around so I was like why not? I guess that decision bit me in the neck.

So does not having Direct X 11 allow me to play games at low settings fine while unable to play them at high settings? I just want to be sure before buying Windows 7 64bit.

Spartin503

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Yes, vista has directX10 so you can play at low setting and be fine but when you crank the settings up your computer doesn't know how to handle the higher quality but it knows it should be able to since any socketed CPU is 64-bit it crashes when it can't fill the demand for high quality.

Solution