6230 and memory cards: 1 Ghz supported?

Hi,

Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz working
(out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
I assume that SD are no good.

Thanks for your feedback

JP
5 answers Last reply
More about 6230 memory cards supported

    hrschp wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
    > only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
    > phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz
    > working (out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
    > I assume that SD are no good.
    >
    > Thanks for your feedback
    >
    > JP

    512 megabits..? Never heard of that before <g>

    1 GHz..? I assume you mean 1GB..?! I do so wish people would get these
    things right ;-)

    Ivor

    Hi Ivor - Yes, I got a 1GB card on Ebay and it works just fine. I have had
    no problems with it whatsoever.
    Good luck,
    Colin :-)

    In article <d35b1r$m2h$1@reader13.wxs.nl>, hrschp <no@mail.pl> wrote:
    >Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
    >only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
    >phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards.

    Transcend 1GB MMC works fine in my 6230. Stick with the major brands
    if you can. Quality does matter.

    you don't understand the difference in Ghz - a measure of speed and GB
    - a measure of storage capacity, do you?

    "B Anderson" <username@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > you don't understand the difference in Ghz - a measure of speed and GB
    > - a measure of storage capacity, do you?

    If you want to be accurate, GHz is a measure of frequency, not speed. Easy
    mistake to make.

    Cheers, JL

    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:15:17 +0200, hrschp <no@mail.pl> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
    >>only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
    >>phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz working
    >>(out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
    >>I assume that SD are no good.
    >>
    >>Thanks for your feedback
    >>
    >>JP

Nokia Memory