Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

6230 and memory cards: 1 Ghz supported?

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Memory
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 8, 2005 1:15:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi,

Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz working
(out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
I assume that SD are no good.

Thanks for your feedback

JP

More about : 6230 memory cards ghz supported

Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 8, 2005 6:08:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

hrschp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
> only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
> phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz
> working (out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
> I assume that SD are no good.
>
> Thanks for your feedback
>
> JP

512 megabits..? Never heard of that before <g>

1 GHz..? I assume you mean 1GB..?! I do so wish people would get these
things right ;-)


Ivor
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 8, 2005 6:08:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi Ivor - Yes, I got a 1GB card on Ebay and it works just fine. I have had
no problems with it whatsoever.
Good luck,
Colin :-)



"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message
news:3bne2pF6in3doU1@individual.net...
> hrschp wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
>> only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
>> phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz
>> working (out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
>> I assume that SD are no good.
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback
>>
>> JP
>
> 512 megabits..? Never heard of that before <g>
>
> 1 GHz..? I assume you mean 1GB..?! I do so wish people would get these
> things right ;-)
>
>
> Ivor
>
>
Related resources
April 9, 2005 1:55:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <d35b1r$m2h$1@reader13.wxs.nl>, hrschp <no@mail.pl> wrote:
>Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
>only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
>phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards.

Transcend 1GB MMC works fine in my 6230. Stick with the major brands
if you can. Quality does matter.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 10, 2005 6:51:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

you don't understand the difference in Ghz - a measure of speed and GB
- a measure of storage capacity, do you?

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:15:17 +0200, hrschp <no@mail.pl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
>only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
>phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz working
>(out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
>I assume that SD are no good.
>
>Thanks for your feedback
>
>JP
April 12, 2005 12:35:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"B Anderson" <username@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:k8fi51194d0e1qju534pg1saij1td8k895@4ax.com...
> you don't understand the difference in Ghz - a measure of speed and GB
> - a measure of storage capacity, do you?
>

If you want to be accurate, GHz is a measure of frequency, not speed. Easy
mistake to make.

Cheers, JL


> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:15:17 +0200, hrschp <no@mail.pl> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Looking at the online specifications at the Nokia site it reads that
>>only MMC cards up to 512 Mb are supported. However I see some mobile
>>phone shops offering 1 Ghz cards. Has anyone here got a 1 Ghz working
>>(out of the box or is tweaking requred?).
>>I assume that SD are no good.
>>
>>Thanks for your feedback
>>
>>JP
>
!