Sign in with
Your question

After I install our wireless printer on my laptop it doesn't print

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 19, 2012 11:06:18 PM

Hello,
I've been trying to install our rwireless Hp printer on my laptop. I've had it installed and working, but then it goes offline and won't print. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Now it has the error symbol on it (yellow circle withan exclamation mark) I've tried Mr. Fixit but it doesn't solve the problem. I've tried it with the disk but it says I'm using the wrong drive, but I don't know which one to use. Help!
January 20, 2012 3:09:00 PM

Sounds like the print is having an issues "yellow circle with an exclamation mark". Is it at the fringe of the wireless network?
When you try and print you are connected to your wireless network right?
January 27, 2012 12:45:18 AM

Jantech said:
Sounds like the print is having an issues "yellow circle with an exclamation mark". Is it at the fringe of the wireless network?
When you try and print you are connected to your wireless network right?

I think I discovered the problem. I had McAffee and Malware Bytes installed on my computer. When I uninstalled Malware Bytes the printer worked again.
Related resources
January 27, 2012 11:58:14 AM

Glad to hear you got it working, Malware programs can often interfere.
I'm just curious what about the exclamation mark on your printer, did that go away?
January 28, 2012 12:15:43 AM

Yes, it did. It was actually a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. Now instead there's a green circle with a checkmark which I'm assuming means it's ready to go. It's been working ever since. Thanks for your input! :) 
!