Sign in with
Your question
Solved

VIDEO CARD?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 12, 2012 10:56:05 PM

i had somone tell me this im sure hes wrong but just to make sure i want your opinion heres what he said

The difference comes from the MXAA and other effects. The card has nothing to do with the image quality 99% of the time... its all the´╗┐ game engine

he basically means that the image quality of games dont come from video cards but the game it self

i have a good felling hes wrong but just in case i'm wrong

More about : video card

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 12, 2012 11:16:33 PM

Hes wrong, while the engine of the game does make a big difference, The graphics card boosts your ability to play on higher graphics and their for make the graphics better.

So yes he is wrong, It has to do with the card, not all on the engine
a b U Graphics card
December 12, 2012 11:37:11 PM

The maximum quality depends on the engine. I think thats what he is trying to say. So if you run a nvidia gtx 690 on starcraft broodwars, its going to look the same as a 9600 gt
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2012 11:46:13 PM

Azn Cracker said:
The maximum quality depends on the engine. I think thats what he is trying to say. So if you run a nvidia gtx 690 on starcraft broodwars, its going to look the same as a 9600 gt

no he means it dosent matter what card you have its always going to look the same
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 12:19:00 AM

battlefieldhazard said:
no he means it dosent matter what card you have its always going to look the same

No GPU's make games look better but its up to the engine to determine the best level
m
l
December 23, 2012 1:48:46 AM

Best answer selected by battlefieldhazard.
m
l
!