Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is everything about this computer Good?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
January 28, 2013 9:13:01 AM

Is everything about this computer good? If not what could be improved? I'm not looking for more/less power just system stability and compatability.



CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Six Core 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive
MEMORY: 16GB (4x4GB) PC16000 DDR3/2133mhz Quad Channel Memory
MOTHERBOARD: Asus P9X79 Pro Intel X79 Chipset, 3-Way SLI / Crossfire supported, 4 Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 8 RAM slots, UEFI Bios, BT GO, SSD Caching, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16 & 2 PCIe x1
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card

More about : computer good

January 28, 2013 9:22:40 AM

Outlander_04 said:
it will work


You say "It will work" but would it be achieving the best performance for the parts used?
Related resources
January 28, 2013 10:04:25 AM

Starmaderp said:
You say "It will work" but would it be achieving the best performance for the parts used?

for what usage?

if the answer is gaming then its a massive overspend on cpu/mb/RAM that wont get you any extra performance in the vast majority of games
January 28, 2013 10:40:59 AM

In terms of system stability and compatibility it's fine.
January 28, 2013 11:12:50 AM

Outlander_04 said:
for what usage?

if the answer is gaming then its a massive overspend on cpu/mb/RAM that wont get you any extra performance in the vast majority of games


But later on when games require more power it will be beneficial + i like to do mod and do crazy stuff in editors
January 28, 2013 12:30:32 PM

I find it unlikely to ever be worth the money for gaming.
January 28, 2013 12:55:23 PM

FinneousPJ said:
I find it unlikely to ever be worth the money for gaming.


Well what could it be used for? Because really games are the most stressful things computers can handle. :S If not let me know cause I would like to know! thanks! :p 
January 28, 2013 1:19:58 PM

Games are by no means the most stressful things a computer handles.
January 28, 2013 1:22:06 PM

Eh, what? Games are far from the most stressful things.
January 28, 2013 1:24:03 PM

You could build a computer for gaming at half the cost and you wouldn't notice a performance change. If you do want gaming get: 3570k + corsair h100 + ASRock Extreme 6 + 7970.
January 28, 2013 2:08:03 PM

chugot9218 said:
Games are by no means the most stressful things a computer handles.


I said let me know what things are more stressful not just completely disagree.
January 28, 2013 2:08:05 PM

FinneousPJ said:
Eh, what? Games are far from the most stressful things.


I said let me know what things are more stressful not just completely disagree.
January 28, 2013 2:09:20 PM

envy14tpe said:
You could build a computer for gaming at half the cost and you wouldn't notice a performance change. If you do want gaming get: 3570k + corsair h100 + ASRock Extreme 6 + 7970.


What would you say this computer was for if not for gaming? And could that comp run every game on maximum? x3 screens
January 28, 2013 2:23:11 PM

Starmaderp said:
What would you say this computer was for if not for gaming? And could that comp run every game on maximum? x3 screens

For three monitors you would want to get 2 x 7970 if you want to reach high settings in games. Also, spend some money on your motherboard, but a 3930k is not necessary.
January 28, 2013 5:18:26 PM

Starmaderp said:
But later on when games require more power it will be beneficial + i like to do mod and do crazy stuff in editors



by the time games need more power your system will b hopelessly out of date and not capable f running them

Build a system using a
3570k
socket 1155 mb with a Z77 chipset
2 x4 gig of RAM

and you save so much money now you can buy a new computer in two years at no cost
January 28, 2013 6:21:14 PM

Starmaderp said:
I said let me know what things are more stressful not just completely disagree.

Lots of things. I'm most familiar with FEM and linear solvers. There's all kinds of simulations to be run on computers - do you think they'd spend millions of dollars on supercomputers if gaming was the most demanding task.
January 28, 2013 6:42:28 PM

FinneousPJ said:
Lots of things. I'm most familiar with FEM and linear solvers. There's all kinds of simulations to be run on computers - do you think they'd spend millions of dollars on supercomputers if gaming was the most demanding task.


It was more directed towards what average people do on a daily basis, if FEM and linear solvers are what the normal population do on computers then *** me. XD
January 28, 2013 7:48:21 PM

To give you a rough ball park figure the most intensive games load the cores of an i5 cpu to around the 40% mark
January 30, 2013 8:39:32 AM

Outlander_04 said:
To give you a rough ball park figure the most intensive games load the cores of an i5 cpu to around the 40% mark

I disagree. I played Dead Island, and the CPU reached 80% load according to Open Hardware Monitor. The game is definitely harder on GPU but 40% cpu load is too low of a guess.
!