Please check my build

zvermm

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Ok, so this is mostly a workstation for graphical programs such as Maya and different Adobe products. I just wanted to run this by you guys to check if there are any blatant conflicts, mistakes or whatever. My biggest dilemma is what graphic card to get, is a 670 really necessary or will a 660 do just as well? Thanks in advance.

Case: Antec P280 Mid ATX
PSU: Corsair TX650M
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-M pro
SSD: Corsair force GT 240G
HDD: WD caviar black 2T
CPU: i7 3770K
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3
Memory: Corsair 4x8GB vengeance quad channel

Solution
Maya only uses your CPU for the rendering so a 660 will be enough to display the model ect.

Just spotted that your getting quad channel vengeance which wont work with your board only dual channel is supported.

Might be worth getting the low profile stuff incase it doesn't fit under your heatsink.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Maya only uses your CPU for the rendering so a 660 will be enough to display the model ect.

Just spotted that your getting quad channel vengeance which wont work with your board only dual channel is supported.

Might be worth getting the low profile stuff incase it doesn't fit under your heatsink.

Solution

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
It probably doesn't matter all that much, but my understanding is that nVidia's current mainstream graphics' processors are unusually inaccurate when it comes to professional modeling workloads, so you might be better off with an analogous Radeon.