Sign in with
Your question

Computer starting up and shutting off constantly

Last response: in Systems
January 28, 2013 9:59:32 AM

My computer was working a few hours ago, we moved it now it is no longer working. We press the button and the lights for the fan turn on, and the fans start spinning for a few seconds then it turns off, and attempts to boot up a few seconds later. I unplugged my psu and started testing it by adding one thing at a time, it works fine with everything, but if I plug in the 8pin connected on my motherboard it then starts this problem.

It was working fine before, and this is a new problem, any ideas in how I could resolve this?
January 29, 2013 12:28:44 AM

just sounds like a bad psu....
m
l
January 29, 2013 1:02:27 AM

The psu is working, as it in it starts up without anything plugged in, and works with everything but the 2x 4pin connectors plugged in.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 1:18:53 AM

try another psu... honestly that is a pretty good sign at psu... so try another easiest way to test... and ya i know that it can have power here and there.. but it must have certain ratings on each connector
m
l
January 29, 2013 5:02:52 AM

Ok, I tested a different powersupply that I know works and it was having the exact same problem, so it's obviously not a psu problem. Any other ideas on howwe could diagnose or fix this problem?
m
l
!