DLink DSL 2730U

ganesh81

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hello,

I bought a new Dlink 2730u ADSL + wireless. I have configured it with the help of my ISP support. I can able to connect with wired, but the wireless is not working. One of the support person says its the problem with router. I get this router to Dlink service center, but they showed the wireless has been detected and they can connect internet.

When I brought back to my home, it dosent works with my laptop. Again one ISP techincal person came to my home and says the modem configuration is perfect and they can see the wireless detected in their mobile. They told that its problem with driver.

Here is the details:
My OS: Windows XP
Driver: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Net

Wire less is not detected it shows '"No wireless network found in this range"

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The first check to carry ot is that the wwirelessadapter is switche don - look for a Function key with a wireless icon - similar to ((00)) and press that one and the Fn key.

To eliminatethe driver as a possible problem, connect the computer by cable to the router then go into Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Network Adapters and right click the wireless adapter. Under the General tab, make you can see "Enabled" and if you can't change that setting. If it was enabled, Click the Drivers tab and then Update Driver and let the system roam the Net for a better driver. If it falis to find one, click the Details tabb, note the four characters which follow VEN and the four after DEV and psot that information back here.