error when installing game(directshow)

My mom is trying to install "who wants to be a millionaire" and an error
pops up saying unable to use directshow???? does anyone know what this is??
thanks

"kimmydk" <kimmydk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My mom is trying to install "who wants to be a millionaire" and an error
> pops up saying unable to use directshow???? does anyone know what this
> is??
> thanks

Hello.

Few of things to try.

Make sure DirectX is all working properly by running dxdiag, you can do this
by going to Run on the Start menu and tying dxdiag and pressing return.
This will bring up the diagnostic tool which will show the installed version
(at the bottom of the first page - if it's anything other then 9.0c install
the latest version from www.microsoft.com/directx).

Posting your dxdiag file will also be helpful - you can do this by clicking
"save all information" at the bottom, saving the file on your desktop for
example, opening it with Notepad and copying and pasting it into a reply -
it will probably take 2 or 3 posts to actually be able to fit all the stuff
in but don't worry about that.

Make sure you've got the latest drivers for the graphics card installed.
There's a guide on how to do this at
http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/drivers.php

If you don't have a clue what I'm on about just post back. :cool:

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.