AMD Budget Build

How's this build for a budget gaming pc?

CPU: AMD A6-5400K 3.6Ghz w/ HD7540D APU
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-D3H Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600 CL9 Memory
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD6670 1GB GDDR5 128-bit Video Card
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive
Optical Drive: LiteOn IHAS124 24x Multi-Format DVD Drive
Power Supply: Aerocool StrikeX 500W 80Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
Chassis: Antec One Mid Tower Casing

I'll be using the SSD as boot drive, and plan on upgrading later the memory with 8gb dual channel and the cpu with the a8-5400k.
What else can I get in the future?

cheers! :D
4 answers Last reply
More about budget build
  1. You could add another 6670 for XFIRE if you don't get an APU. (i do not suggest getting an apu if you're gonna buy a 6670. grab like a 4100fx, and 1 6670) or upgrade gfx card entirely. I.E. buy like a 7870 or a 7770. once again, if you're gonna buy an apu, don't buy a dedicated gpu. get like the cheapest non apu that'll fit in your build.
    :) just my advice, helped my friend build a similar system for his mom

EDIT: BTW what's your full budget? I'll put you something together. do you need a hard drive and a cd rom? if you have an old comp you can recycle those.

another edit: radeon 7770 is almost the same price as a 6770. much better performance. i kinda guessed on budget and am putting something together atm.
  2. http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=21535725

I would buy this^ edit for some reason ram doesn't show up. grab 8 gigs. 4 is only like 10$ less and upgrading is a hassle.
  3. Zed_Spooge said:
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=21535725

I would buy this^ edit for some reason ram doesn't show up. grab 8 gigs. 4 is only like 10$ less and upgrading is a hassle.

The Bulldozer CPU isn't that great. Go for the updated Piledriver architecture.
  4. If You are in a very Low Budget, You can Go With AMD A10-5800K.
    It is an APU . You can get both CPU and GPU Performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems