Windows Live ID problem...

Kirie63

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
So I recently got a new ssd, so i had to install my windows 7 & 8, from scratch on the ssd.

But since i allready had windows installed on the old HDD, and used up the serial key, i had to call microsoft and tell them about 63 numbers, to then receive 64 numbers and letters, which activated my windows 8.

But the thing is, when i first upgraded to windows 8 on my hdd, i had the ethernet cable hooked up, so when i went through the setup of windows, they asked if i wanted to sign in and setup everything after my email. And I wanted that, because I use my mail and everthing, and hate using different passwords and such.
I knew that if i was going to install win 8 with the same serial key, on the new ssd, i had to disconnect the ethernet cable, in that way they dont know if its allready used.

Anyways, since I did the setup without the ethernet cable in, they didn't ask if i wanted to use the windows live id to login.
Does anyone know how to hook the entire windows up to windows 8? :p

Solution

Lol what.
That's like saying, you installed Windows 8 and made a local account and that made your copy ineligible to use Microsoft account in the future.
Microsoft will just block the previous install if it's on different hardware. Read the EULA for Windows 8 before accusing people of stealing.

@OP:
Go to 'Change PC Settings' on charms menu, click Users and finally 'Switch to Microsoft account' even though, I don't understand why people would want online account for Windows.
To each their own, I guess.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

Lol what.
That's like saying, you installed Windows 8 and made a local account and that made your copy ineligible to use Microsoft account in the future.
Microsoft will just block the previous install if it's on different hardware. Read the EULA for Windows 8 before accusing people of stealing.

@OP:
Go to 'Change PC Settings' on charms menu, click Users and finally 'Switch to Microsoft account' even though, I don't understand why people would want online account for Windows.
To each their own, I guess.

Solution

Kirie63

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Thank you Soda-88 :)

And darth pravus, I didn't do anything illegal here. I bought the Windows 8, and installed it on my hard drive, and then I uninstalled it from the hard drive, so I then could install the Os on the SSD with the old serial key, which obviously did not work. The rules about windows 8 says that you cant copy or install a copy more then one time, BUT you can uninstall it and then install it on another computer.

So I called to microsoft, and had to give them a 63 number code, so they could see that it was legit, and not running on several computers.

Anyway, no rules were broken here guys ;)