WTB. Philips LDP-600WS aka Philips PLD-600WS

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
February 23, 2005 2:44:17 PM

I'm looking to buy a laserdisc player, more specifically the Philips
LDP-600WS / PLD-600WS (since this would be the only Philips player
capable of NTSC&PAL). I already have the remote, now looking for the
player itself.... Or if you have tips where to find one other than eBay,
please let me know.

greetings,
Michiel
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 7:03:55 PM

Hi,

While I fully respect that you favour a Dutch company (notwithstanding
that the 600 model was made by a Japanese company) you might want to
reconsider your choice. I know of no factory service facility for
Philips LD players. In fact almost 10 years ago Philips told a buddy
of mine that they would no longer service his player and offere -are
you ready for this?- to exchange his player for a VCD machine.

I have seen the Phlips 600 in action at a friend's place. Quality was
nice and the remote is nice, too.

If you want a true classic PAL/NTSC player, I accept your offer for my
MINT Sony MPD-740D. Be warned, the RGB output is NOT the 740's main
reason to own it.

Cheers,
Ralf
!