Sign in with
Your question

Compatibility

Last response: in Systems
January 28, 2013 11:12:39 AM

Hello,
Just wanted to know if these parts are compatible with each other. I am sure that all parts are compatible except for the PSU. I don't know the pins and stuff so will this PSU have all the required pins and connectors to connect the other parts (mainly GPU)? And how's the setup? Can i play GTA 5 in it?
Config:
Cabinet: NZXT m59
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
CPU: Intel i5 3570K
GPU: Asus NVIDIA GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5
PSU: Corsair GS800 800 Watts PSU
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120 GB SSD
Cooler: 3 Deepcool XFAN120L/B fans
Optical drive: HP dvd1260i DVD Burner

Thx :) 

More about : compatibility

January 28, 2013 1:54:37 PM

Nice build and to answer your question, yes all the parts are compatible to each other.

I have the same GPU as you. Its amazing, dead silent at loads and performs really well in today's games. I can run Assassins Creed 3 (all on highest settings) and get a minimum fps of 52. I havent played crysis 2 but in Hitman absolution i get an average of 36fps maxed out. I dont know about GTA V as im not a big fan, but i think it will run it at ease.

Also some changes that you can make to your build,

PSU- Corsair TX750M. A 750W PSU is enough even for 660 ti SLI

Cabinet- Corsair 200R. I just think this is better, and it looks better.
SSD- If i were you id buy a Crucial M4 128GB. They seen to be one of the cheapest SSD's out there and they are one of the most reliable.
m
l
January 28, 2013 3:01:04 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 8:34:27 AM

timarp000 thx for the great advice man. I am gonna go with the parts that you suggested. I did a little research and found its actually better.
And one more last question. Should i buy an after market cpu cooler? Or will the stock cooler do the job? And a stock cooler comes with the i5 3570k in the pack for no additional charges right?
m
l
January 29, 2013 8:48:42 AM

If you overclock then buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO but if you dont OC your stock cooler will do...
m
l
!