When I run DirectX Setup, the message "Setup was completed" appears
immediately. However, DirectX is not installed.

The help on dxdiag tells me to look for more help. Cna anyone tell me how to
fix this?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi, maybe you've already got the latest one installed. If you've SP2 then
you don't need directx as you have already have it....
ChrisC
"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I run DirectX Setup, the message "Setup was completed" appears
> immediately. However, DirectX is not installed.
>
> The help on dxdiag tells me to look for more help. Cna anyone tell me how
> fix this?

Hi Mic,

That problem usually indicates that you need to repair your installation..

How To Repair Windows:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:651CEC64-F633-416C-9735-3A35CE1C44FD@microsoft.com...
| When I run DirectX Setup, the message "Setup was completed" appears
| immediately. However, DirectX is not installed.
|
| The help on dxdiag tells me to look for more help. Cna anyone tell me how to
| fix this?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Run DXDIAG and see what it says you have.

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I run DirectX Setup, the message "Setup was completed" appears
> immediately. However, DirectX is not installed.
>
> The help on dxdiag tells me to look for more help. Cna anyone tell me how
> fix this?

Shane_30

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
If you had a problem with Directx and did an uninstall/rollback and you have SP3 you wont be able to upgrade Directx again until you uninstall SP3.