firaaero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Hi everyone, recently i posted here about my faulty xfx oc 7970BE and have gotten it replaced. Now i am encountering a brand new problem! (It never ends does it!? but I'm probably just an idiot)

Anyways, to the point. Since i have installed this new card I have been noticing funny things, such as my performance is not as well as it should be. i have
AMD Phenom II x 4 970 Black Edition @ factory 3.50Ghz
XFX OC 7970 Black Edition Double Dissapation
1x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
1x 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green
880GA-UD3H Gigabyte Motherboard
8Gb RAM
750W PSU

So, i have been noticing that i have been getting really bad FPS in most games, when i am playing fullscreen no border such as CS:GO and L4D2 im getting very bad stuttering. Then on L4D2 i played on fullscreen and getting like 23 FPS i mean my old 6970 has performed waaaaaaaay better than that. Another is Farcry 3 Most people are running it very well on a 7970 45-about 60 FPS they say with ULTRA W/ msaa x8
while im sitting here running it at 21-45 FPS ultra NO MSAA AT ALL. When i put on x8 Msaa i get about 10-12FPS! i mean i think something is definitely wrong here, when i play windowed mode fullscreen i get somewhat stuttering or bad very jumpy fps like cs:Go its like 30-100 up and down up and down. I'm so lost and very frustrated as i have spent the last 2 days trying to get my GPU to perform properly! Im on the 12.11beta drivers installed and reinstalled with driver sweeper about like 10 times untill the tray icon actually worked and i could open it up. Im not sure. Also i have experienced when i am playing fullscreen (not fullscreen windowed mode) i get slightly better performance but text is slightly blurred and also in steam overlay the text of everything is like barely readable from how blurry everything is! Im sure its not a overscan problem as i have resolved that also recently. I am grateful for all the help i can get, again Thank-You! :D

May i add that Battlefield 3 Runs perfectly on ultra well i mean a massive improvement from a 6970 but above all that everything else is a lot lot worse :(

firaaero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
okay i reinstalled the drivers with the other thing.
now performance is better but not windowed mode. Windowed mode in everything has a lot of stutter and also fullscreen has blurry text than windowed it isnt as sharp on fullscreen. Im not sure if its the drivers or what. So i guess its okay but if anyone knows how to resolve this further i would greatly appreciate it!

may i add that fullscreen is performing well besides the blur ^

firaaero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
i checked CCC i Turns out it was AMD's "Morphological" Anti-aliasing. i turned that off i but i had reset back to 12.10 and playing any game on windowed mode is really stuttery and bad fps