Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which graphics card brand is best?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 13, 2012 11:19:38 AM

which graphics card brand is best for overclocking?also which brand offers the best price tag for a gpu with good cooling...?

More about : graphics card brand

December 13, 2012 11:32:23 AM

sulabh biswas said:
which graphics card brand is best for overclocking?also which brand offers the best price tag for a gpu with good cooling...?

They all vary, but to my experiance, Asus Direct CUII or Matrix cards can be the best for cooling and overclocking, whist staying very quiet. Best price tag... I'd shop aroud. It all depends on what GPU you want.
Score
0
a c 180 U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 11:33:48 AM

amd(sapphire) is good with lower power usage
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 11:40:39 AM

Dude, it totally depends on the model of your GPU.
Score
0
December 13, 2012 11:41:52 AM

ASHISH65 said:
amd(sapphire) is good with lower power usage

keplar has even lower power usage
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 11:45:31 AM

I've had some bad experiences with Sapphire - I've owned three and all three died right after the warranty expired (within 6 months, first one was the same month warranty expired!). What country are you in? I can list some warranty durations for the UK/USA if you want? It's definitely something worth considering. If your card died 7 years down the line (even if it's been relegated to an old Linux box or HTPC or something), you still get a replacement - and after 7 years you're gonna get something a hell of a lot better than what died!
Score
0
December 13, 2012 1:36:11 PM

sulabh biswas said:
which graphics card brand is best for overclocking?also which brand offers the best price tag for a gpu with good cooling...?


It really depends on how you define best.

ATi side:
MSI - Excellent cooler, component choices, and software. Price is usually a bit steep.
Asus - Cooler is competitive with MSI's, component choices are solid. Price is usually slightly more reasonable than MSI.
(their three slot cards are great all around, but they are expensive and I can't stand loosing the extra slot)
XFX - Very good cooler, though not at the level of MSI/Asus, component choices are solid. Price is often very reasonable.
All three of these manufacturers put out products that are considered generally reliable.

I've had reliability issues with Power Color and to a lesser extent Saphire.
HIS would be on the short list, but their support leaves too much to be desired.

nVidia side:
EVGA - Superior PCB design (FTW series), excellent software, solid component choices, good cooler, and unparalleled support from both company and community. Prices aren't all that steep either.
MSI - Excellent cooler, component choices, and software. Price is usually a bit steep.
Asus - Cooler is competitive with MSI's, component choices are solid. Price is usually slightly more reasonable than MSI.
(their three slot cards are great all around, but they are expensive and I can't stand loosing the extra slot)

I've used Gigabyte and while they weren't bad by any means, I was left generally unimpressed by product overall.

If you are looking for the lowest price tag for a generally reliable card with above average cooling, I would look to XFX on the ATi side. On the nVidia side, I have a hard time getting away from EVGA as they provide an overall great product, great support, and gave me no issues replacing a video card (GTX470) that I admitted burning up while overclocking.
Score
0

Best solution

December 13, 2012 4:31:02 PM

JPForums said:
It really depends on how you define best.
ATi side:
MSI - Excellent cooler, component choices, and software. Price is usually a bit steep.
Asus - Cooler is competitive with MSI's, component choices are solid. Price is usually slightly more reasonable than MSI.
(their three slot cards are great all around, but they are expensive and I can't stand loosing the extra slot)
XFX - Very good cooler, though not at the level of MSI/Asus, component choices are solid. Price is often very reasonable.
All three of these manufacturers put out products that are considered generally reliable.

I've had reliability issues with Power Color and to a lesser extent Saphire.
HIS would be on the short list, but their support leaves too much to be desired.

nVidia side:
EVGA - Superior PCB design (FTW series), excellent software, solid component choices, good cooler, and unparalleled support from both company and community. Prices aren't all that steep either.
MSI - Excellent cooler, component choices, and software. Price is usually a bit steep.
Asus - Cooler is competitive with MSI's, component choices are solid. Price is usually slightly more reasonable than MSI.
(their three slot cards are great all around, but they are expensive and I can't stand loosing the extra slot)

I've used Gigabyte and while they weren't bad by any means, I was left generally unimpressed by product overall.

If you are looking for the lowest price tag for a generally reliable card with above average cooling, I would look to XFX on the ATi side. On the nVidia side, I have a hard time getting away from EVGA as they provide an overall great product, great support, and gave me no issues replacing a video card (GTX470) that I admitted burning up while overclocking.

EVGA's cards can be good, but not as much as you are talking about. I detect some kind od advertising, since you seem to think they are much better than anyone else. Their reviews are average as well.
Share
December 13, 2012 5:34:46 PM

EVGA has horrible support. I had a very bad expiernce with them. To make a long story short, they claimed my item was not registered; it was, they asked for a receipt, I sent them my newegg receipt, they asked for a picture of the product showing the S/N, I did; they still claimed it was not registered by me. I found an onld email showing my confirmation of registering the product; I forwarded it to them; they were blocking me cause my emails then were getting bounced back. Calling them got nowhere. This is why I refuse to buy anything EVGA.

I have to say, I love MSI for Nvidia; my 570GTX is not noisy and love the fan design.

I did have a Sapphire AMD card (when it was ATI) and the card lasted a long time. Back then (a few years ago, every time I downloaded drivers, it was always crash my system).

I've downloaded several Nvidia updated drivers with no issues.

Im not a fanboy. Ive had many ATI products and recently went to Nvidia.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 6:12:46 PM

Yeah my of my Catalyst updates make Windows blue screen on boot so I have to use system restore. That's not really Sapphire's fault though - that's on AMD. But Sapphire do suck for building their cards to die after the warranty expires.
Score
0
December 13, 2012 8:40:25 PM

Using the "download drivers" on Sapphire's website was where I got the drivers. There box and included stuff was nice. There prices are pretty reasonable as well. Sapphire doesn't have Nvidia's cards. While MSI's prices are slightly higher than most; you get what you pay for. The Twin Frozr designs are great and the overclocking software it comes with is great (afterburner). i was going to SLI my card since the price dropped but my OC edition MSI card is no longer available. I'm contemplating on going to Kepler, getting a 7970 and coming back to AMD, or waiting to see what's coming next. AMD and Nvidia are quiet.

Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 8:48:14 PM

I'd think twice about a Radeon - check this out:

http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-ge...

Agreed about MSI - I bought an MSI GeForce MX460 about 10 years ago and it's still running my friend's parents' computer. And the motherboard they're using is the MSI motherboard I bought at the same time :-)
Score
0
December 13, 2012 8:53:47 PM

sam_p_lay said:
I'd think twice about a Radeon - check this out:

http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-ge...

Agreed about MSI - I bought an MSI GeForce MX460 about 10 years ago and it's still running my friend's parents' computer. And the motherboard they're using is the MSI motherboard I bought at the same time :-)


the mPower? I bought it.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2012 8:58:26 PM

Don't think so mate. Was a long time ago though, couldn't say for sure. Both had red PCB which was pretty cool at the time!
Score
0
December 17, 2012 9:15:56 AM

Best answer selected by sulabh biswas.
Score
0
!