s3 savage4 video card and winxp home

This is what I have and I think it is just too outdated to run some of my
games.Empire Earth always freezes up after a little while with the message
"the s3sav4 drver has stopped working normally".There are no newer updates so
I'm stuck. If I have to get a new card what is a good one that's pretty
cheap? Gameing is all I really need it for and I don't want to spend more
than $30. Is there any help?

Hi Randini,

Double your budget and you should be able to get a decent
little 64 MB nVidia or ATI card which supports DX 9 technologies
including Hardware Transform and Lighting.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"randini69" <randini69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853D0EC9-09FC-4611-8841-BE7813440BCC@microsoft.com...
> This is what I have and I think it is just too outdated to run some of my
> games.Empire Earth always freezes up after a little while with the message
> "the s3sav4 drver has stopped working normally".There are no newer updates so
> I'm stuck. If I have to get a new card what is a good one that's pretty
> cheap? Gameing is all I really need it for and I don't want to spend more
> than $30. Is there any help?

Thanks for your help, it gave me a great starting point and I've actually
found some nvidia 128mb for $34 online after searching around. thanks again

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Randini,
>
> Double your budget and you should be able to get a decent
> little 64 MB nVidia or ATI card which supports DX 9 technologies
> including Hardware Transform and Lighting.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "randini69" <randini69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853D0EC9-09FC-4611-8841-BE7813440BCC@microsoft.com...
> > This is what I have and I think it is just too outdated to run some of my
> > games.Empire Earth always freezes up after a little while with the message
> > "the s3sav4 drver has stopped working normally".There are no newer updates so
> > I'm stuck. If I have to get a new card what is a good one that's pretty
> > cheap? Gameing is all I really need it for and I don't want to spend more
> > than $30. Is there any help?

That's good news Randini, and a great price.

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"randini69" <randini69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4705C222-61E6-4130-9440-483971A38214@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your help, it gave me a great starting point and I've actually
> found some nvidia 128mb for $34 online after searching around. thanks again
>
> "Jimmy S." wrote:
>
>> Hi Randini,
>>
>> Double your budget and you should be able to get a decent
>> little 64 MB nVidia or ATI card which supports DX 9 technologies
>> including Hardware Transform and Lighting.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
>>
>> "randini69" <randini69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853D0EC9-09FC-4611-8841-BE7813440BCC@microsoft.com...
>> > This is what I have and I think it is just too outdated to run some of my
>> > games.Empire Earth always freezes up after a little while with the message
>> > "the s3sav4 drver has stopped working normally".There are no newer updates so
>> > I'm stuck. If I have to get a new card what is a good one that's pretty
>> > cheap? Gameing is all I really need it for and I don't want to spend more
>> > than $30. Is there any help?

TRENDING THREADS