Galaxy GTX 670 2GB Crashes even after fresh windows

circumventor

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I bought my GTX 670 from Galaxy (its the standard reference cooler) in early September. Recently I tried out Windows 8 to see if I would get any performance increase with this card. About 2 days after installing Windows 8, games started crashing and it gave me the message that the driver crashed but it recovered.

So I went back to Windows 7 64bit and installed everything fresh. I wiped all my hard drives to make sure it wasn't some strange driver conflict. I am running 306.97 drivers. I have never overclocked my card, but I have tried underclocking after this problem started. I also can run GPU benchmarking software without it crashing, the issue seems to only be in games.

Games I have tested:
Far Cry 3 - took longer to crash, could play for several hours before crashing
Black Ops II - crashes instantly, or half way through the first match
Battlefield 3 - Crashes instantly while playing in windowed mode

My specs:
i7 2600k @ 4.47GHz
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte z77x-ud5h
Black Magic Intensity Pro
4x8GB corsair vengeance 1600mhz ram (32GB Total)
Ultra 650-watt (upgrading soon)
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
2 x 320GB Hitachi Laptop Drives (I keep my steam games on those)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

circumventor

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
So I was able to play 2 matches in a row after underclocking to -10 on the core clock and -30 on the memory so thats not really a performance hit especially with 1 montitor running at 1080p. Ill keep playing but I haven't run into any problems yet.

circumventor

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
After tons of benchmarks and stress tests, passmark gave me a video memory corruption error which is the only error I have received. Games are still crashing and I have contacted GalaxyTech customer support and they are setting up a return/replace ticket for me.

Anyone who has the same problem don't waste time trying to fix it just send in a ticket to your manufacturer and have them take care of it for you.