Michel93

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Hi Guys,

I've bought this notebook a few months ago, everything worked fine. It has a SSD harddisk and Nvidia Geforce GT650M (1gb). After doing some 3D modelling with my Nvidia GPU I tried a rendering program to make my 3D model look realistic. But while running Lumion (render program) my Nvidia GPU won't get active. I checked my Nvidia settings, everything looks like it seems to be. Lumion is set to run with my Nvidia GPU, but it doens't. Sadly it works whenever I try to run Chrome with my Nvidia GPU, so I don't know what the problem is. Hope you guys can help, I added a screenshot to my post, so you guy can see my problem.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/lumion.jpg/

When I came home, I tried to run Lumion on my brothers Notebook, which has a normal harddisk (7200RPM) and a Nvidia GT555M (2gb) and everything works flawless on his. Even adding Lumion to the Nvidia GPU using list.

Hope you guys can help me out!

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I haven't used mobile Nvidia cards before (my laptop uses AMD), but when I had a simliar issue I found I had to manually designate certain programs to use the discrete card.

You said you checked your general settings, but have you checked to see if you can manually designate the card to run for specific programs?

Michel93

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Yeah, I tried that to mine. Opened Nvidia settings and manually added Lumion to the Nvidia GPU list. But after that it still didn't run..