Dec 13, 2012
Hello There.

I'm getting kinda angry.
I spent £314 on a brand new GPU "GTX 670"

Comes with amazing CUDA and PhysX!

And yet it just DOSE NOT RENDER VIDEOS!

Premire pro offers no sort of rendering with CUDA CODECS
Sony vegas just dose not use the GPU at ALL, Well uses about 4% then stops

My old AMD 6870 Sapphire rendered AMAZINGLY on sony vegas.

This new super expensive card dose nothing. To help out in rendering. (It says it has CUDA CORES?) Why are they just NEVER in use. Is CUDA CORES just a branding name for what seems to be just really bad cores??

FPS in games are much improves in "BF3 Planet side 2 Borderlands 2 Skyrim" :D And that's really it.
The card seems to lag a little on crysis 2 maxed out DX11. :fou:

And when you run through loads of particles, The fps seems to drop (Blew up a tank in BF3. Ran threw the smoke. My fps dropped from 60-22) :??:

Kill a guy in Black Ops 2 when hese close. The particles dropped my fps. Crysis 2 barrels exploding in your face makes my fps drop from 50-22 They don't drop fps when i'm a little further away. (Same for gun shots and any sort of particle when to close i lag, When at a small distance is don't lag)

This goes for borderlands 2 when you shock a guy with electricity This cheap electric particles lag when just to close.

And fraps is dropping ALL my games from 90 fps to 30 "Lock frame rate is turned off as well"

And oh man, Don't get me started on the Nvidia drivers. It won't save gamma and brightness and contrast in the Control panel. (And they refuse to fix it) BIG DEAL FOR ME. :fou:

And a lot of games are ment to be faster when drivers 311.00 come out. Well when is that gonna be out, Are Nvidia all ways this bad at drivers? :(

I'm sorry for a lot of the moaning, But you must under stand that when you do spend £314 on a GPU you must expect a lot and be very picky.
I'm expecting much better fps and driver support.

Would a AMD 7970 be better for me?
I mean i NEVER had an AMD issue. :( :(
And AMD actually worked for drivers and rendering with no hassle. It may not have CUDA CORES, But i guess they are just crappy cores.

Any help would be nice.
Or explanation in why i'm just not happy with my purchase.
(I know it's a hard topic to reply to)
Sorry

P.S
Crytik

exomonkeyman

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
"EDIT"
All-so, I should benefit more from this card than any other. I do video editing and a lot of gaming.

Nvidia is good with stuff... Right?

But i'm getting the feeling that i'll benefit more from an AMD card at the moment.

sixajd

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
In order for Premiere to use the CUDA cores, Adobe has to certify the card and add it to their list of cards that can use it. This website seems to have a workaround, you could give their instructions a shot.

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm

Scroll down to the section called "Now how to Unlock your NVIDIA Card for Premiere CS6 CS5.5 and CS5
For Windows Users" and it has the instructions.

exomonkeyman

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

I already did that, Rendering dose not work. PP Dose not support that.

Play Back works

sixajd

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Well I've got a GTX 670 at home and I also have premiere pro CS 5.5, I can try it out later if I get time and let you know my results.

Pretty much any outdoor map in a situation where lots of things are exploding in close proximity. Still very smooth tho - only way I can tell it's happening is when I'm showing the FPS just out of curiosity.