Can somebody please recommend me a Power Supply Unit?

MRnightmuffin

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I'm on a pretty tight budget, and I am going to build a pc, the specs I have in mind are:

Intel Pentium G850 CPU
XFX HD Radeon 6770
4GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive
All in a Fractal Design Core 1000 MicroATX Case

So, my question is, on the tight budget Im on (I can literally only spend £20-30.) What's a good PSU which will support all of that, (and features that 6 PCI connection for the graphics card.) Many thanks

Bonus Question: Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap OEM copy of windows 7? I'm really short on cash, and don't want to even think about pirating it, again, many thanks!

MRnightmuffin

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks for the reply, but, I can't seem to find that model on a European site, and when did find one it was pretty pricey... Any other suggestions?

The thing about power supplies - they are delivering power to your computer, and by saving a few dollars and getting a less expensive unit, you are putting your computer parts at risk.

Seasonic and Corsair are two of the top brands, and are higher in quality than other power supply manufacturers.

The only thing I know to compare it to, you can save a few dollars by not buying a proper surge suppression strip, and plug it directly in the wall. The first lightning storm could take out your computer...but it could take 10 years before that happens....

The Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK Builder Series CX430V2 - 80 Plus Certified Power Supply is more of the entry level power supplies...but it is a very good one for the price.

MRnightmuffin

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I know Ronin, but dude, It may sound sad, but I literally can't afford it, I have to budget around the £20-30 range.

And damn, it seems weird that that CPU is cheaper, and slightly better. Thanks for the point out

MRnightmuffin

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Alright then, it seems I've been suggested that psu on many occasions. One question, why would I get the cx430? It's slightly cheaper than the v2, but isn't the v2 better?

blake1243

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

the v2 is actually older. The original cx430, cx430 v2, and now cx430 again lol