$450 budget gaming rig

vrmars

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,
I was hoping to build a pretty decent gaming rig that can handle the new upcoming games with atleast med-ultra settings, and I have compiled a list in my budget. Mind you, this list is missing some key elements, such as OS, optical drives, sound cards, HDD's, etc. and so I plan to take those from my current computer to save a bit of cash. Here are the specs:

Feel free to leave some suggestions, but keep in mind my budget is strictly $450
Approximate Purchase Date: Next month :p (the closer the better)

Budget Range: $450 (After rebates, after shipping)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mainly for gaming, a little homework, minimum video rendering

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade:
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core
Biostar TA970XE ATX AM3+
Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866
XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB $139.99
Case Cooler Master Elite 311 (Blue) ATX Mid Tower
Raidmax 380W ATX12V

Do you need to buy OS: Already have OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I use pcparts picker

Parts Preferences: I dont really have a preference, but I prefer quad core-hex core CPU's

Overclocking: Maybe, but probably not

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I am going to be running in 720p, so 1280x720, but the highest my monitor can go is...1680x1050

Additional Comments: I just need the PC to be quieter than my current DELL INSPIRON 530 :lol: while still running most of the newer games at med to high settings with 720p res at atleast 40fps. Looking to play heavy/intensive FPS, such as BF, Planetside 2, crysis 3, etc.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I am upgrading because my PC is currently 4 years old, and the parts are heavily outdated, without any forms of upgrading (dell :sarcastic: )

THANKS GUYS!! LEAVE FEEDBACK!! ITS MY FIRST BUILD!

vrmars

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Okay, I'll get a 450 watt one for about the same price....Oh I thought I mentioned that I will be taking some components out of my current PC build and recycle them in this new one, which includes the 500Gb HDD.

vrmars

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
ok, ill see what I can invest into.....In your opinion, do you think this PC build would last me about the next 3 years before needing a GFX/cpu upgrade?

Deadboy90

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
That GPU should be fine for a few years no problem. And with the new playstation sporting an 8 core bulldozer CPU I think the processor will last even longer. Games I think are going to get more multithreaded, thus extending the lifespan of the FX 6300.

vrmars

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks for the great advice guys :D With the harddrive, the memory, and the PSU corrected, I have a total of $477 after rebate. Here is the link http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/A9DY. I would be really grateful if it could just be a little closer to my budget of $450.

-vrmars