Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • GPUs
  • Software
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 13, 2012 3:28:31 PM

So, I have a HP DV6TQE laptop and require a software that monitors GPU temp while ingame. My laptop automatically switches to the discrete GPU (6770m). I have used MSI afterburner but there is no option of monitoring gpu temp. GPU-Z and HWiNFO64 works fine except there is no ingame counter. Everest also doesn't work. Can anyone suggest a suitable software?

More about : monitoring ingame framerate switchable gpu temp

a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
December 13, 2012 3:39:35 PM

What's wrong with MSI afterburner? It monitors GPU temp for sure.
Score
December 13, 2012 3:40:04 PM

You won't have a GPU temperature "in-game". However, with GPU-Z, you can record your temperatures. So, start recording just before launching the game... play between 5-25 minutes...quit the game...stop recording and then check your recorded temperatures (the graphs should indicate how fast it raised, etc.). If you want the easy way out, GPU-Z will indicate the highest temperature it went to without you ever needing to record anything. CPU-Z works the same way (if you ever wanted to check temperature on your CPU).
Score
Related resources
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
December 13, 2012 3:50:21 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
You won't have a GPU temperature "in-game".

No? What's this, then?

Score
December 13, 2012 3:50:41 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
You won't have a GPU temperature "in-game". However, with GPU-Z, you can record your temperatures. So, start recording just before launching the game... play between 5-25 minutes...quit the game...stop recording and then check your recorded temperatures (the graphs should indicate how fast it raised, etc.). If you want the easy way out, GPU-Z will indicate the highest temperature it went to without you ever needing to record anything. CPU-Z works the same way (if you ever wanted to check temperature on your CPU).

ALSO I wanna say that msi afterburner doesn't check the gpu temp in idle mode as then intel hd 3000 is in use. However, it shows ati hd 6700m as the gpu (m using leshcat drivers 12.3 drivers). i mean there is no option for monitoring gpu temp itself. In hardware monitoring in afterburner, all i see is gpu usage, fan speed, fan tachometer, framerate. Is that fine???
Score
December 13, 2012 3:54:13 PM

Sunius said:
What's wrong with MSI afterburner? It monitors GPU temp for sure.

Buddy, u r right. but is this software working properly for switchable graphics where u hv discrete gpu switching automatically for the specified apps?? i mean in my case, gpu temp is not shown and gpu usage remains 0 %.
Score
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
December 13, 2012 3:57:03 PM

vin436 said:
ALSO I wanna say that msi afterburner doesn't check the gpu temp in idle mode as then intel hd 3000 is in use. However, it shows ati hd 6700m as the gpu (m using leshcat drivers 12.3 drivers). i mean there is no option for monitoring gpu temp itself. In hardware monitoring in afterburner, all i see is gpu usage, fan speed, fan tachometer, framerate. Is that fine???

Are you sure? Try scroll up or down, it should be there.

As for switchable graphics, I have no idea. Had no experience with it.
Score

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
December 13, 2012 4:03:20 PM

What happens if you start the game first, and only then MSI afterburner?
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
December 13, 2012 4:23:33 PM

You have to press on "GPU temperature" and tick the checkbox that says "Show in on-screen display".
Score
December 13, 2012 4:26:46 PM

Best answer selected by vin436.
Score
December 13, 2012 4:27:28 PM

Sunius said:
You have to press on "GPU temperature" and tick the checkbox that says "Show in on-screen display".

thanks, mate. Solved. My mistake.
Score
!