Mouse Problems

Hi Guy's
I have a Microsoft wheel mouse optical. It just keeps
stopping working, if I unplug it then plug it in to
another usb port it works ok for a while then stops
again, so I just do the same again untill it works. Any
help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Jane

"Jane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a Microsoft wheel mouse optical. It just keeps
> stopping working, if I unplug it then plug it in to
> another usb port it works ok for a while then stops
> again, so I just do the same again untill it works. Any
> help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hello.

Have you tested it on another machine?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

xpander

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2004

Hi,

It's funny I used to have the same problem. Haven't found a solution.
My problem was sometimes when just having started my computer my mouse
wasn't recognized, but if i unplugged it and replugged it in again it
was fine for duration of computer use. Eventually this got too annoying
so I've just got a PS/2 adapter for my mouse and don't use USB anymore.
If you find a solution please post !!

Scott

Jane wrote:
> Hi Guy's
> I have a Microsoft wheel mouse optical. It just keeps
> stopping working, if I unplug it then plug it in to
> another usb port it works ok for a while then stops
> again, so I just do the same again untill it works. Any
> help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
>
> Jane

You both may want to post your issues in the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware newsgroup. If you haven't tried it,
there is a relatively new IntelliPoint 5.2 version software which includes
new drivers:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
--
Chris H.