Full Screen Games. Dual Monitors

zekdude

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I was wondering if this was normal, according to a friend it isnt, when i go full screen on a game in a display. My other display runs slow, kinda jumpy. Is there a way to stop that, so i can watch videos in the other display for example?

zekdude

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Latest Stable 306.97
Its not just videos, i was just using that as an example, the monitor acts like its updating slow.
If i were to drag a window across thew window it would only show it like half way and there, if you understand what im saying.

vitreoushumor

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Lots of games shut off the second monitor when the first is running in true full screen. The general solution is to run the game in a window that is the same size as your display resolution. Sometimes this causes edge effects where the mouse behaves badly.

zekdude

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
GTX 560 (1) is connected to primary by DVI
GTX 560 (2) is connected to secondary also by DVI
and ill update to 310.70 to see if that has an effect

And vitreoushumor, it used to be like that a while ago, but then it changed and i was able to play a game and have a video run next to it without any issue.

hapkido

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
If you want to use SLI, connect both monitors to your primary card and run games in fullscreen (not fullscreen-windowed).

If you want to use your GPUs separately, disable SLI and connect a monitor to each card.

If you want to use SLI but still watch videos on your second monitor, you should expect some slowdown in game, in the video, or both. You're making your CPU and GPUs render separate things, so lower your settings until everything is smooth.