New Extreme build won't install windows

Hi there

I am in a big puddle of trouble here and I seek help, I have recently built my 1st PC tower and all hardware checks out fine, but windows 8 and 7 all freezed on the logo screen where the circle is spining, I had friends over to look at it and they couldnt tell what was the problem.

My Specs are:
Case: Xigmatek Elysim
Motherboard: Asrock X79 Extream 9
Ram: G Skill Trident X 32Gb (8Gb x 4) @ 2400mhz
Processor: Intel i7 3960x Extreme
Cooling: Corsair i100 watercooling unit
GPU: Club 3D 7970 RoyalQueen
PSU: XFX Limted Pro Platinum 1000W
SSD: Crucial V4 256GB
HDD: Seagate 3TB
DVD: LG DVD drive

Once again, all hardware checks out fine but both versions of windows won't install and all freezes on the logo screen.

I have tried both USB and DVD boot and it's the same result.

can someone who experienced the same problem help me please, thanks you so much.
11 answers Last reply
More about extreme build install windows
  1. head for BIOS and check your RAM speeds and timings

if in doubt lower the timing to the default speed
  2. Outlander_04 said:
    head for BIOS and check your RAM speeds and timings

if in doubt lower the timing to the default speed

I have done that already, set it at default which is 1333 also i tried all different speeds. same result of freezing
  3. What version of Windows are you specifically trying to use. Are you certain it's an OEM or Full install and not an upgrade disc? Also, it might be a good idea for your initial install if you use only one stick of RAM until the system is fully functional.
  4. DRosencraft said:
    What version of Windows are you specifically trying to use. Are you certain it's an OEM or Full install and not an upgrade disc? Also, it might be a good idea for your initial install if you use only one stick of RAM until the system is fully functional.

Hi i am using full install disk from microsoft, because of my university i get full access of keys for all microsoft's os, i have so far tried windows 8 pro 64bit and windows 7 pro 64bit
  5. as suggested already

remove most of the RAM

if that fails then try another hard drive
  6. Outlander_04 said:
    as suggested already

remove most of the RAM

if that fails then try another hard drive

I've just done that now, only 1 ram installed, but it froze again, so i tried with only SSD installed still the same, changed the ssd to hdd, still the same
  7. i swore i posted in this thread ???
  8. redeemer said:
    i swore i posted in this thread ???

no mate, this is a new one, i just started this like half hour ago, can you help with my problem though? :)
  9. are you installing from disk or USB?

have you reset the BIOS to default settings?

Have you tried a different single RAM stick
  10. Outlander_04 said:
    are you installing from disk or USB?

have you reset the BIOS to default settings?

Have you tried a different single RAM stick

yep i did, ive tried from usb and dvd, problem stayed...
  11. Hi everyone, i have managed to solve thew problem with help from Wamphryi, i managed to install from usb, turned off x79 and marvell 9220 sockets and usb 2, disconected dvd. and now its installed and running.

thank you all who helped
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems