Is my wifi broken on my toshiba laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokisa

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Yesterday I was on my toshiba satelite L550-OCD and the wireless wasn't working then it started working again. I closed my laptop and when I went back to it it wasn't working again and hasn't since. It says there's no wireless connection to plug in Ethernet cable

now I have tried Fn F8 and it doesn't do anything. So I went into my toshiba assist and opened optimize. Then toshiba hardware settings and
clicked LAN and it says it's turned on. But when I click radar it shows it is not connected and the light is off

I have gone into everywhere I can think device
manager, registry, everywhere and can not figure this out.
Please
help me dokis_amanda@hotmail.com

Se7$$

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

have u tried reintalling the drivers for the wireless adapter ??

Dokisa

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I have completely rebooted I have even retired it to an earlier time. How do I reinstall the drivers? I am not plugged in to the Internet. Do I need Internet to do so? And where do I go to reinstall drivers. Step by step would be helpful. Thank you

Se7$$

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
-reboot ur wireless router
-do you have another device that can detect their is wireless connection available ( to rule out the router)

Things You'll Need
-Internet connection - try using an Ethernet cable for this exercise
- uninstall current drivers

steps to update ur drivers

Right-click on "My Computer," and select "Properties" from the menu that appears; it is the last item on the list. Access the "My Computer" icon on your desktop or from the Start menu.

At the top of the System Properties window, click "Hardware."

Click the "Device Manager" button.

Click the plus sign for "Network Adapters." This shows the list of devices used for internet connections.

Right-click on the network adapter and select "Update driver" from the menu that appears next to your cursor.

Select "Yes, this time only" by clicking on the radio button. Click on "Next" to continue.

Confirm "Install the software automatically" is checked. Click the "Next" button.

Close the window after the process has run. If prompted to do so, reboot your computer.

Read more: How to Update a NIC Driver | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5782552_update-nic-driver.html#ixzz1k9ri4k00

Anon Alex

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
I also have the exact same problem and I cant connect to any wifi, they dont show up in the list of available connections

I can only use wired connection is a hassle because i cant connect to my school's wifi.

Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.