Nikon D70s pricing

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 31, 2005 1:20:31 AM

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
for $429 USD??

http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html

Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think they
may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

More about : nikon d70s pricing

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 1:29:10 AM

"Morgan Perry" <mptran @ morganperry.com> wrote in message

> Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
> for $429 USD??
>
> http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html
>

> Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think
> they may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

File this under "another one too good to be true"
August 31, 2005 3:34:55 PM

Morgan Perry wrote:
> Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new
> D70s for $429 USD??
>
> http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html
>

> Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I
> think they may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

There are so many suspicious things on that site. Here's a couple:

"[returns] permitted within 7 days from the date of purchase"

Not date of receipt of goods? If it takes more than 7 days to get it to
you, tough.

"Weight (without battery): Approx. 21 oz without battery,
memory card, body cap, or monitor coverd70s$429.00"

That could also be interpreted as the price without all
those items.

"Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on
our web site may be mis-priced"

Hmmm.

You know what they say: " If it sounds too good to be true it
probably is"

-Mike

begin 666 trans_1x1.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 11:03:00 PM

Morgan Perry wrote:

> Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
> for $429 USD??
>
> http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html
>

> Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think they
> may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

Read the disclaimers.

It's either "gray-market", i.e. non-Nikon USA and impossible to get
warranty service on if it breaks ...

or ...

it's bait 'n switch.
!