Sign in with
Your question

Computor crash after login.

Last response: in Windows 7
March 9, 2012 2:36:11 PM

Hey guys. So, I start the computer and login fine. After login my computer freezes and either blue screens without text or returns to the normal desktop but is frozen. I have tried to run it in safemode and it will not crash in it. I'm thinking a driver problem or possible corrupt memory. Please lemme know what you guys think.
First time being here and I hope I put this thread in the right place.
Thanks
:cry: 

More about : computor crash login

March 9, 2012 2:39:12 PM

If it runs fine in safe mode, it's probably a driver problem. I'd start by reinstalling your video card drivers and see if that fixes it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 9, 2012 2:50:27 PM

have you recently added any hardware? any other changes? when did it start? what had you done recently?

you can probably answer this question better than us ^^

edit: oh but +1 not the ram
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
March 9, 2012 3:14:36 PM

check graphic card driver also see if you got any bsod errror code
m
l
March 9, 2012 3:20:48 PM

Look at your blue screen codes - you are looking for something that looks like 00x00000000 near the bottom of the window. This code will tell you EXACTLY what cuased the error. =)

Googling that code will tell you what the problem is in plain english (if you dont understand hex codes) :D 
m
l
March 9, 2012 3:34:23 PM

Upgrade your GPU drivers and depending on the type of Monitor you are useing. Upgrade your monitor drivers as well.
m
l
March 10, 2012 3:21:37 PM

Hey guys thanks for the help so far guys. There is no text when it blue screens and i have checked the drivers. UPDATE! I changed hard drives and it kept happening. So i removed the graphics card and it works fine! Im wondering if my GPU is damaged and am in the process of contacting EVGA. Also i use a flat screen tv as my monitor so im wondering if the card is gimping at the high resolution.
m
l
March 10, 2012 3:23:51 PM

neon neophyte said:
have you recently added any hardware? any other changes? when did it start? what had you done recently?

you can probably answer this question better than us ^^

edit: oh but +1 not the ram

No i have not changed anything recently. only thing i can think is i updated to java 64 bit because i had 34 on a 64 OS. Started randomly one day.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 10, 2012 6:47:57 PM

remove the java in and see you bsod are back
m
l
!