Computor crash after login.

Hey guys. So, I start the computer and login fine. After login my computer freezes and either blue screens without text or returns to the normal desktop but is frozen. I have tried to run it in safemode and it will not crash in it. I'm thinking a driver problem or possible corrupt memory. Please lemme know what you guys think.
First time being here and I hope I put this thread in the right place.
Thanks
:cry:
8 answers Last reply
More about computor crash login
  1. If it runs fine in safe mode, it's probably a driver problem. I'd start by reinstalling your video card drivers and see if that fixes it.
  2. have you recently added any hardware? any other changes? when did it start? what had you done recently?

you can probably answer this question better than us ^^

edit: oh but +1 not the ram
  3. check graphic card driver also see if you got any bsod errror code
  4. Look at your blue screen codes - you are looking for something that looks like 00x00000000 near the bottom of the window. This code will tell you EXACTLY what cuased the error. =)

Googling that code will tell you what the problem is in plain english (if you dont understand hex codes) :D
  5. Upgrade your GPU drivers and depending on the type of Monitor you are useing. Upgrade your monitor drivers as well.
  6. Hey guys thanks for the help so far guys. There is no text when it blue screens and i have checked the drivers. UPDATE! I changed hard drives and it kept happening. So i removed the graphics card and it works fine! Im wondering if my GPU is damaged and am in the process of contacting EVGA. Also i use a flat screen tv as my monitor so im wondering if the card is gimping at the high resolution.
  7. neon neophyte said:
    have you recently added any hardware? any other changes? when did it start? what had you done recently?

you can probably answer this question better than us ^^

edit: oh but +1 not the ram

No i have not changed anything recently. only thing i can think is i updated to java 64 bit because i had 34 on a 64 OS. Started randomly one day.
  8. remove the java in and see you bsod are back
Ask a new question

Read More

Login Computers Crash Windows 7