Sign in with
Your question

Building my first Computer,

Last response: in Systems
January 29, 2013 2:54:24 AM

Hey eveyone, as the thread is tittled, i decided its time to start building a computer. i have never had one but its never to late.
so i am not that good with all of this. I am looking to build it over time considering that i am about to be a dad in a couple days. that being said price isnt a problem because it will be a project over time, but the processer and case will be bought with some income tax money.
The case i am going with is the Cool Master haf 912. and i am going to go with the I7 3770k because as well as gaming i will be using it for video editing for homevideos and game clip editing because i am starting to play MLG.

Advice on mother boards, graphics card, Ram and fans, pretty much the whole thing and any adive is appreciated.
thanks in advanced everyone

More about : building computer

January 29, 2013 4:27:34 AM

psanchez348 said:
Hey eveyone, as the thread is tittled, i decided its time to start building a computer. i have never had one but its never to late.
so i am not that good with all of this. I am looking to build it over time considering that i am about to be a dad in a couple days. that being said price isnt a problem because it will be a project over time, but the processer and case will be bought with some income tax money.
The case i am going with is the Cool Master haf 912. and i am going to go with the I7 3770k because as well as gaming i will be using it for video editing for homevideos and game clip editing because i am starting to play MLG.

Advice on mother boards, graphics card, Ram and fans, pretty much the whole thing and any adive is appreciated.
thanks in advanced everyone

-I always go with ASROCK because they are reliable and in my opinion have the best software.

-If you want the strongest graphics card, get a 7970 GHz Vapor-x

-If you want to save money, get a 660 if is is $200 or or a 7870 if it is $215 or under.

-For RAM get 2x4GB 1600MHz or so. Look for a set for $40.

However my overall advice is to wait 1-2 months. Intel, Nvidia, and AMD will all have new products out by then. Prices will go down and stronger alternatives will be available.

Last, do not build overtime. The #1 rule is to buy all of your parts at once. Whenever you buy your last part, the other waiting parts will be cheaper.
!