Limited use video card

G

I have a 1G proccesor w/ a 60G HD and 128mb ram and i have a dvd player built in. My only use for a video card is to edit home movies. I'd like to hook up a digital camcorder using a S cable and i'm looking to be able to record the final project onto a vcr that can be hooked up to my computer. I'm not interested in dual monitor support and i don't need to hook up cable to it to watch tv only dvd to watch movies I'm interested in all price ranges, any suggestions?

G

If your camcorder is Digital then all you probably need is a Fire Wire card+fire wire ->Camcorder cable+ Editing proggy. Most cameras can operate as DV bridge and by this allow you to export the final material to normal VCR.

You might want to look at a full solution like Pinnacle Studio DV Version 7. that is a card + Basic software. price range is max $125.
You can get a El'Cheepo fire wire card that will come with the cable + editing program at about $75.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>