Nikon D2H

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 31, 2005 3:08:48 PM

Has anyone actually ever bought one of these cameras and used it? I just
saw one selling for a very low price.

--
Save Photography | Shoot some film today!
Email: drop rods and insert surfaces

More about : nikon d2h

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:08:49 PM

I have the D2H and I love it !

A lot of people think that its 4.1Mp sensor does not have enough pixels
but I dont believe that more pixels is better. I have superb 8x10 's
done from the D2H's 4.1Mp JPEG files (shot at ISO 800).

What is great about the D2H are the following:
- great speed (shooting speed as well as AF speed)
- great metering (it also works with my manual focus lenses)
- the best ergonomics I have seen (the menu, the LCD, the buttons,
etc...)

I bought mine when the price was still high. I would not hesitate to
buy one today if I did not buy mine earlier.

Good luck.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:05:52 PM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:08:48 +0200, Rox-off wrote:

> Has anyone actually ever bought one of these cameras and used it? I just
> saw one selling for a very low price.

Don't have one myself, but one of my students does and it's a very nice bit
of kit. I would probably recommend going for the D2X though if you can
afford it (or maybe the D200 when it appears).

-SL
August 31, 2005 7:50:34 PM

In article <4xbcny2qxy9t$.uucdu176h6kj.dlg@40tude.net>,
No.Spam@Thank.You says...
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:08:48 +0200, Rox-off wrote:
>
> > Has anyone actually ever bought one of these cameras and used it? I just
> > saw one selling for a very low price.
>
> Don't have one myself, but one of my students does and it's a very nice bit
> of kit. I would probably recommend going for the D2X though if you can
> afford it (or maybe the D200 when it appears).
>
> -SL

If the announcement tomorrow confirms that the D200 will not meter with
manual focus lenses I shall definitely not be in the market for one.

I'm happy with 6MP. 4.1P seems a little sparse, but for the type of work
I do I think it might be a better option than the D70 (my current DSLR).

--
Save Photography | Shoot some film today!
Email: drop rods and insert surfaces
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 10:06:47 PM

"Rox-off" <roxy@empirerods.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone actually ever bought one of these cameras and used it? I just
> saw one selling for a very low price.
>
> --
> Save Photography | Shoot some film today!
> Email: drop rods and insert surfaces

For rational comments from actual users of the D2H I would suggest you visit
the "Nikonians" site and check the D2H/X users area. You will find far more
useful info without the "agenda-driven" posts that exist on other sites -
IMO. PS: there are thousands of satisfied, critical users out there - they
just don't seem to need to "prove" it to other posters time & time again
through the flame wars that go on elsewhere.
Bob
!