Sign in with
Your question

Questions About Computer Parts.

Last response: in Systems
January 29, 2013 2:11:58 PM

Ok so I've been doing at least 15 minutes of reading a day about building a computer and the different aspects. Today I was poking around some clearance pages at varies websites and I came across a decent price on ram. Then I remembered reading somewhere that the fewer modules the better. Now this rule only applies down to 2 modules correct? So 2 X4 is better than 1 X8?

When buying a MoBo and considering chipset is newer always better with chipsets? Do certain CPU's work better with certain chipsets?

Is the after market CPU fan necessary if I don't plan to OC and I'll most likely be using an i5 3350p?

I'm sure I'll have more questions. If I'm in the wrong section for this I apologize

More about : questions computer parts

a b B Homebuilt system
January 29, 2013 2:27:38 PM

With most boards they are dual channel, so you want 2 sticks.

If you don't overclock, IMO you don't need an aftermarket fan -- use the one that comes with the Intel CPU as long as you get a retail version that includes a HSF.

I would stay with a newer chipset -- Z77.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 29, 2013 3:20:26 PM

If you are going to overclock then you might be able to save money with a b75 mobo. There is no difference in performance with different chipsets, they just offer different features.
m
l
Related resources
!