Hi,
Went to MSN game page as usual to play Bejeweled 2 and got a pop up saying
windows can't verify the certificate or something. It's Microsofts site for
heavens sake and I've been playing games on it for years. Can't bypass, close
or get any information on what to do. Cookies are enables, my security is
medium. It's MY computer, if I want to download the newest version of the
game what's the problem? I'm getting really irritated with microsofts "big
brother" attitude.Can someone please tell me this all of a sudden is a
problem and how can I fix it? I even accepted the "certificate" and still
can't install it.

I'm sure Jimmy will pop by with a response, but have you tried the MSN Zone
support section: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm or
posting to the source, like one of the microsoft.public.games.zone
newsgroups? They're the ones who deal direction with Zone issues.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"kathk58" <kathk58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Went to MSN game page as usual to play Bejeweled 2 and got a pop up
> saying
> windows can't verify the certificate or something. It's Microsofts site
> for
> heavens sake and I've been playing games on it for years. Can't bypass,
> close
> or get any information on what to do. Cookies are enables, my security is
> medium. It's MY computer, if I want to download the newest version of the
> game what's the problem? I'm getting really irritated with microsofts "big
> brother" attitude.Can someone please tell me this all of a sudden is a
> problem and how can I fix it? I even accepted the "certificate" and still
> can't install it.

Chris is correct. :)

I do step outside of the scope of this newsgroup at times,
so if this doesn't resolve the issue, please try the Zone newsgroup.

Setup your browser as suggested here:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

If you get a warning about something called "Zintro.." accept it,
it's from Microsoft, it's an ActiveX (Browser Helper Object)
that you'll need to access most of the games at Zone.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%233rZCgJDFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I'm sure Jimmy will pop by with a response, but have you tried the MSN Zone support section:
> http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm or posting to the source, like one of the microsoft.public.games.zone
> newsgroups? They're the ones who deal direction with Zone issues.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "kathk58" <kathk58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E636FD97-483F-46C6-8A98-17A9B44A4ACB@microsoft.com...
>> Hi,
>> Went to MSN game page as usual to play Bejeweled 2 and got a pop up saying
>> windows can't verify the certificate or something. It's Microsofts site for
>> heavens sake and I've been playing games on it for years. Can't bypass, close
>> or get any information on what to do. Cookies are enables, my security is
>> medium. It's MY computer, if I want to download the newest version of the
>> game what's the problem? I'm getting really irritated with microsofts "big
>> brother" attitude.Can someone please tell me this all of a sudden is a
>> problem and how can I fix it? I even accepted the "certificate" and still
>> can't install it.

"kathk58" <kathk58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Went to MSN game page as usual to play Bejeweled 2 and got a pop up
> saying
> windows can't verify the certificate or something. It's Microsofts site
> for
> heavens sake and I've been playing games on it for years. Can't bypass,
> close
> or get any information on what to do. Cookies are enables, my security is
> medium. It's MY computer, if I want to download the newest version of the
> game what's the problem? I'm getting really irritated with microsofts "big
> brother" attitude.Can someone please tell me this all of a sudden is a
> problem and how can I fix it? I even accepted the "certificate" and still
> can't install it.

Have you tried adding the site to the trusted group?

Internet Options
> Security
-> 'Trusted sites'
--> then click Sites... and add the URL.

Could also try deleting cookies and temp internet files.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.