Sign in with
Your question

No signal to monitor?

Last response: in Systems
January 29, 2013 3:20:14 PM

Hi everyone, I posted this question in another area (Im also a noob to toms hardware) I have a first build assembled and ran into a roadblock. this is what we have:
motherboard- asus m5a97 le r2.0
processor- amd phenom IIx4 black edition
hard drive- western digital caviar blue 500gb sata
graphics- evga geforce gtx 650 1gb
optical drive- lg dvdrw 24x
Ram- kingston hyperx blu 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
power supply- ultra LPS 750 watt

all in a coolermaster 430 elite mid tower

when i power the system on, all lights and fans work, there are no system error beeps through the onboard speaker, yet cannot get a signal to the monitor or led tv. weve tried using the dvi-i to vga adaptor an ran a vga cable without luck so I purchased a mini-hdmi(which is the other connection on the vid card) to hdmi cable also no luck. we have all driver disks and I purchased windows 8. Im way over budget and Im way in over my head...any ideas?

More about : signal monitor

January 29, 2013 3:25:00 PM

The bad thing about not having onboard video is that you can't troubleshoot your video card. Do you have a backup GPU somehwhere? Maybe borrow one from a friend to see if its the GPU that isn't working? Better yet, if you have another computer try putting the 650 in another system and see if it works there.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 3:42:52 PM

blake1243 said:
The bad thing about not having onboard video is that you can't troubleshoot your video card. Do you have a backup GPU somehwhere? Maybe borrow one from a friend to see if its the GPU that isn't working? Better yet, if you have another computer try putting the 650 in another system and see if it works there.

Unfortunately I have no way of trying the video card in another system, I had hoped by purchasing everything sealed it would eliminate a few issues I ran into so far. I know I am the only one whos handled it since it came out of the static bag and Ive been careful to make sure Ive got a hand on the psu and metal case anytime Ive gone near it...so im really hoping I missed a wire or something...going to go through one more time to check...
m
l
!