Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire HD 7870 Wont Overvolt

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 14, 2012 1:29:29 PM

Hi guys,
i did a quick search on the forums and could not find anything relevant so i thought it start a new thread to see if i can get some help.

I currently have the Sapphire HD 7870 NON OC model, i can get this card to overclock on stock voltage to 1100/1450 without a hitch but it caps out at those speeds.

Ive tried many programs to try and bump the voltage up by a few notches and they never seem to apply the new voltage settings.

Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on this matter for me :) 

Programs used: Afterburner, GPU tool (Asus), Sapphire TRixx.

The Card its self is fantastic and its winter in the UK at the moment so id idles at 23C and maxes out at around 51C full load.

Any Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
December 14, 2012 1:46:38 PM

AMD started locking the voltages on the 7850, 7870, 7950 & some 7970's a couple months ago. I'm not an expert in the matter so I won't attempt to answer your question other than I think you have a voltage locked card.

Wait for someone like Rockdpm, Bigcyco1 or Razorthorn to answer, those guys will have the right answer and a possible fix, if there is one.
December 14, 2012 10:29:02 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Ah i see, however i purchased this particular card in April so i don't think mine will fall into that category.
!