Will my pc play new games

I am looking at buying parts for my computer and i was wondering if it will be powerful enough to handle games like skyrim, Metro 2033,etc

Mobo: Biostar TA970
Processor: AMD FX8320
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
RAM: 8GB crucial ballistix tactical
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: OCZ ModXStreame pro 600W

THanks for any help :)
14 answers Last reply
More about will play games
  1. Whats your budget? The build seems a little unbalanced... a 550 ti is great for say,a $400 build. But i think we could fit better in there.

Try switch that cpu out for a 6300, plenty for games. the toshiba 1tb drive is only $65 at the momment. Get the Antec Neo Eco 620 for $30... 600 watts is overkill but right now its cheaper than the lower wattage, lower quality psu's s its a great deal!! its also made by SeaSonic so you are getting top quality.
  2. whats ur country of origin and max budget?
  3. Im in UK and about £400
  4. do u need windows?
  5. no i have windows disks
  6. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AirT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AirT/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AirT/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£69.23 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£52.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.82 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£126.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Silverstone SST-RL01B-USB 3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£35.16 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.98 @ Novatech)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £411.09
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-29 18:48 GMT+0000)

should do the trick mate
  7. im not saying that what you have listed is bad but all the parts that i have listed only total to about £320
  8. just saying the cpu u took is less good, bad mobo.

mediocre ps, mediocre videocard, u can take ur build but its not quality based.
  9. Yeah but the 550 ti is terrible no offense. The 7850 wipes the floor with it. Literally the 7850 is 75% faster.
  10. if i do decide to go with what i listed will it actually be able to play new games?
  11. that cpu is outdated and is part of the old bulldozer cpu design, not efficient.

u should go with what i recommanded, anything less gonna cut into quality and have less durability or performance.
  12. i wasnt asking for suggestions on how to improve my system i was just asking if it will run games
  13. oh right, sorry misunder-stood, talt it was something u was gonna buy. not built :P

well the parts u listed are alright besides the mobo+videocard.

what i listed will get u better performance for ur budget. the 550ti is a lowend card, and the biostar mobo is bad.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Games Systems