cant play online

just tbought the game,

when i try and create a account it waits ages saying "creating account"
and then says "the server has refused the connection"

opened up all the ports on my router, don't know what else to do

any help apprecaited.

--
Eps

Eps wrote:
> just tbought the game,
>
> when i try and create a account it waits ages saying "creating account"
> and then says "the server has refused the connection"
>
> opened up all the ports on my router, don't know what else to do
>
> any help apprecaited.
>
> --
> Eps
Do you have firewall software installed that is trying to warn you that
BF is attempting to access the outside world?

I had a similar problem with BF1942 and BF2. ZoneAlarm would popup it's
warning window and was waiting for for me to allow or disallow the
access. Unfortunately it usually wasn't visible )maybe "hidden" behind
the BF graphics?). I kept thinking that BF had locked up the PC. Once I
saw the window I learned to move the mouse to the lower right where the
popup should be. If the cursor changes to an arrow, I know ZA is waiting
for me to respond. Then I just use the ZA hotkeys to Remember and Allow
and I'm good to go.

Solidus

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:10:50 +0100, Eps <eps@mailinator.com> wrote:

>just tbought the game,
>
>when i try and create a account it waits ages saying "creating account"
>and then says "the server has refused the connection"
>
>opened up all the ports on my router, don't know what else to do
>
>any help apprecaited.

ALl of the EA profile/Stat servers are down ... having maintenance ...
see thread above

\Solidus

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

same here, three hours ditting around with the game...
nothing happens. searched a few forums, but this seems
to be a big mystery for a certain percentage of users.

cu

frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

check the thread just started by solidus, that might
be the problem...

my xp firewall is off by the way, no other in use.

cu

frank

TRENDING THREADS