My display is flickering :(

borisknot

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Hello,

I recently started having this problem where my display is flickering. I noticed this when playing ArmA 2, the colour of the sky flashes red. It's not too bad but it's not unnoticed. Also, when I get closer to my monitor the picture kinda shakes.

I have:

LG flatron W1934S wide 1440x900 res. monitor
ATI Powercolor 6870 1GB 256bit connected via the VGA adapted attached.
Drivers are up to date.

Any ideas? Ask if you need more info.

Salut,
Boris

borisknot

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Cable is not loose, temps are good :D

I am running 12.10 catalyst drivers and will try to install 12.11 beta or revert to some other. Will post results.

Thanks! :)

borisknot

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
The problem is display is shaking in waves left-right and display is blurry. This happens ONLY when I finish playing games and return to windows. No matter how much it was under load it happens.

Cable is not loose, temps are good and performance is good.

Anyone have any ides?

borisknot

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I am using TFT LG Flatron W1934S 19 inch 1440x900.

I just pressed image auto-tune button on my monitor when the problem happened and looks like it stopped it.
Now I doubt my GPU is the problem because it's 1 month old and monitor is from june 2010.

borisknot

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

If I manage to capture it with FRAPS for example that means GPU is faulty? Because if monitor is faulty I wouldn't be able to capture it with recording software. Has to be that way, right?
I didn't remember to do that earlier, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

If you can capture it with screenshots or recording software it totally eliminates chances of monitor or cable being faulty.

Though of course, you'd have to send those screenshots/videos to another PC/upload them to youtube because your monitor could display the recorded content badly as well :).

borisknot

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

Yeah, that would be stupid to do, hahahaha! :D

I found the manual of the monitor and it says that if you encounter blurred screen, blurred letters, screen flicker or tilted screen you should use the auto/set button.
What I am thinking is that somehow, even tho I play every game in monitors native res, it switched resolution or something for a second and then it blurred and started to waver my display.

Phew!