Sign in with
Your question

Could my new build be bottlenecking

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 4:31:35 PM

Hi everyone

I just invested in a new Pc and I am a total newb when it comes to Pc hardware. Yesterday I was watching some videos about bottle necking and got terribly fearmongered thus unable to shake the feeling that I have picked the wrong combinations of hardware that could lead to bottlenecking my Pc´s true potential, maybe some of you can ether reassure me or give me some tips on some changes I could make before I receive my computer.

My selection of hardware is as fallows.

Mo: Gigabyte S1155 Z77x-UD3H
Cpu: i7-3770k
Gpu: Gigabyte 2Gb Gtx 680oc
Mem: 16BG Mushkin DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD: 240Gb sata3 SDD
PowerS: 850W

I would thank anyone in advance who takes his/hers time to answer the question on rather combination is good or not.

More about : build bottlenecking

a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 5:08:21 PM

nah you're fine. to use your gtx 680 to the fullest i would suggest investing in an aftermarket cpu cooler and read up on some overclocking guides on google to overclock your processor. you will see 10-20% more framerates when you overclock
December 14, 2012 5:15:02 PM

It is a good build. No bottlenecks there. Even if you don't choose to overclock, your build is a beast.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 5:19:31 PM

Ok guys, you´v reassured me :) 

I may look into some cooling and overclocking in the future.
Thanks again for your input. :) 
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 5:23:32 PM

What is the brand and model of the power supply unit? That fact that you didn't write it bothers me.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 5:51:51 PM

Sunius said:
What is the brand and model of the power supply unit? That fact that you didn't write it bothers me.

Yeah, I got lazy there at the end ;) 

It is "Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M, 140mm Fan" That´s all the info i´v got.

a c 291 U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 5:58:19 PM

I would change it if you can still do it. It's definitely not the best model (not the worst too, though) but worst of all it's overpriced. Get something of better quality for the same price, like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 6:06:40 PM

Sunius said:
I would change it if you can still do it. It's definitely not the best model (not the worst too, though) but worst of all it's overpriced. Get something of better quality for the same price, like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I can actually save a couple of bucks here, I will definitely get this one instead.
The PowerS I selected is close to 200$ at my local store, the CORSAIR is a much better choice.

Thank you.
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 6:07:42 PM

Nice. Better quality and cheaper price - great deal I think :) .
!