Building my own gaming computer

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570 3.4 GHz
Motherboard - AS Rock LGA1155 PRO4-M H77
Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 660ti SC
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB
Case - Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower
Power Supply - Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt 80 PLUS

Is this a good build? Ill be useing it for gaming mostly.

Any suggestions would be helpful,thanks in advanced for replys!
10 answers Last reply
More about building gaming computer
  1. I like it no objections.

As always ppl will come and say you can get better stuff spending more...
  2. well I think if you will be gaming I strongly believe that you should get a better CPU cooler

at minimal Evo 212 by cooler master about 30$ and while you are there get 3570k unlocked, oc later (obviously the unlocked CPU is not necessary but thinking of future, maybe youll want a little more performance;) but definetly get a better cooler
  3. Not to mention he can't OC with that mother and prolly would need one that cost twice the price.
    OC? -> $200 more
  4. Z77 boards really don't cost that much more.. it would be like $70 more to have K version + cooler + Z77 board. But anyway if you don't plan to overclock you have a good build there.
  5. well actually if he doesnt want to overclock then w/e for the z77 board... but get the cooler xD (got to hate when you crash cuz your cpu overheats)
  6. gamer4life_16 said:
    CPU - Intel Core i5-3570 3.4 GHz
    Motherboard - AS Rock LGA1155 PRO4-M H77
    Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 660ti SC
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB
    Case - Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower
    Power Supply - Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt 80 PLUS

Is this a good build? Ill be useing it for gaming mostly.

Any suggestions would be helpful,thanks in advanced for replys!

i would definitely reccomend getting the Maximus V Extreme. i have it and most of my other parts are the same as yours, and it works awesome, has the awesome asus ui, and is really easy to overclock with.
  7. Good build, i have a i5 3470 (I love it!) i also have 8gb of Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600ghz :D really good ram! i would recommend a modular psu for better cable management but if that does not bother you, then it's perfect. just make everything is compatible! :D
  8. thanks for all the replys, I completly forgot about overclocking so i didnt take that into consideration. will i be able to overclock with these componets?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

cpu cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - CPU Cooler with Two 120mm PWM Fans and 6 Heat Pipes

processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core
  9. Pretty much any Z77 mobo is great for overclocking... (ive heard :P)

CPU cooler should be good, but if you really wonna max it out (the cooling power)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14 << this will get you far

but YES overclockable
  10. That motherboard is not good for overcloking.
    You need a mother with heatsinked VRMs & MOSFETs..
    If you want to overclock on a budget of $100~ for the mobo get an ASRock
    Z77 Pro3:
    http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77pro3
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product