Build Help

Hello I am making a new build and I want to know if someone can help me.

Approximate Purchase Date: When I get my taxes. Approx- 2 weeks

Budget Range: 530 after everything

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming! and everything else below :)

Are you buying a monitor: Not yet. I might though so give options for that too.

Parts to Upgrade: All new build

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Cheapest and best.

Parts Preferences: AMD's are cheaper so that is the answer.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe eventually

Your Monitor Resolution: I have a 1240 by 1080 monitor now. I don't know if my dad will be getting it though...

Additional Comments: Trying to play just basically any games. Would prefer higher fps but not much of a problem. Mainly like to play modern games on at least medium so i can play basically all games :)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Uppgrading from realllllllly crappy comp.
15 answers Last reply
More about build help
  1. Here is my suggestion.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $528.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-29 18:09 EST-0500)
  2. Now Cball what games would be able to play on that?
  3. You can play all games on it. However, it would depend on the games as to how high the settings can be turned up.
  4. Can you give me rough estimate compared to how demanding a game is compared to what settings I can play on it?
  5. Here you go. Here are some benchmarks of Battlefield 3. You can use the little down button at the bottom to check out other games. Remember, these are Ultra settings and 4xAA.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/8.html
  6. Battlefield 3 isn't the most graphic intensive is it?
  7. It is pretty intensive. Take a look at Metro 2033, its pretty intensive.
  8. Okay can you come up with another possible build?
  9. What else could you want. You are on a $530 budget. There is not much more you can do without adding to price or cutting performance.
  10. Metro 2033 is POORLY coded so even the best GPUs will not be able to play that game at a good experience. If you can run BF3 and Crysis2/3 then you should be good.
  11. completelyrandomname said:
    Metro 2033 is POORLY coded so even the best GPUs will not be able to play that game at a good experience. If you can run BF3 and Crysis2/3 then you should be good.

Thanks completelyrandomname ("Ryan" :lol: ), I didn't know that. Just thought it was intensive because the FPS was so low on all GPUs.
  12. There are a lot more poorly coded games too, such as GTA.
  13. and ARMA 2 especially with day z and i was just wondering if there wasn't a few other possible changes in the build.
    would a 7770 be good for gaming?
  14. It is a great entry gaming card, along with Nvidia's GTX 650Ti. Mid end you would be looking at a 7850-7870 or Nvidia's GTX 660 and 660Ti. High end would be 7950-7970 and Nvidia's would be GTX 670 and GTX 680. Feel free to change this if you see a problem with it.
  15. Here is the 7770 reference card benchmarks with Battlefield 3. You can use it to compare to the 7850.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7770/8.html
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product