How do i make my cable management better?

adamyjake

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012
Hey, I've recently built my new computer.
And i can't cable mange for my life.. i think it's because my case (fractal design 1000) Is the worst case for cable management.

Please could someone give me some tips for my cable management. Or suggest a new case which is perfect for, cooling, sound proof, dust filters and really good cable management.

Thanks

F2ifAYu.jpg

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
cable for CPU power and front fan should run along the top of the MB.

The component power line that's drooping to the bottom of the case doesn't seem to have a reason to go anywhere below the top of the motherboard.SATA cable should probably have the slack tie-wrapped and tucked away in the space between the PSU and drives.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
witch fan is plug in power fan and do you have one plug in chassis fan ,you could untwist the atx 12 v so it could be fixto the bottom of the dvd case support with the 24 pins one,what is that other cable hanging down below the sata cable to the panel header, since this sytem only have a front fan and a top one there is a space in your back plate to put a exhaust fan

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Get some of these bad boys:

http://store.cableorganizer.com/p-102-adhesive-backed-mounting-bases-10-pack.aspx

They have adhesive backing so you can lay them out and run your cables in neat rows. Get some colored cable ties to go with them and it looks really good, and pro!

and some of this stuff:

http://www.freelin-wade.com/spiral-wrap-p-3515-l-en.html

To bundle all your cables, you get all sorts of sizes. Hit up your local electrical wholesaler and they should be able to hook you up

These Are very easy, very cheap and extremely effective, and will really tidy it up, your system will look pro!

adamyjake

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

Thanks, i will run the cpu power and front fan along the top of the mb. It does not go anywhere because its part of my modular psu for my discdrive or hard drive (can't remember)