Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nikon Announcement 1st of the month

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 10:03:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Sep. 1, 2005
Built-in Wireless LAN Support
Sep. 1, 2005
Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX P1/P2
Sep. 1, 2005
Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX S3
Sep. 1, 2005
Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX S4
Sep. 1, 2005
Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX L1
Sep. 1, 2005
Nikon Participates in "IFA 2005" (Berlin, Germany)

Not a single mention of a D200.
Gisle thought the European press might have an announcement about the
200D. Plenty of Photographers in Australia eagerly waiting too. It seems
Coolpix is the flavour of the day?
--
Douglas,
You never really make it on the 'net
until you get your own personal Troll.
Mine's called Chrlz. Don't feed him, he bites!
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 10:03:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Douglas MacDonald <pixby_douglas@hotmail.com> writes:
> Sep. 1, 2005
> Built-in Wireless LAN Support
> Sep. 1, 2005
> Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX P1/P2
> Sep. 1, 2005
> Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX S3
> Sep. 1, 2005
> Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX S4
> Sep. 1, 2005
> Digital Compact Camera COOLPIX L1
> Sep. 1, 2005
> Nikon Participates in "IFA 2005" (Berlin, Germany)
>
> Not a single mention of a D200.
> Gisle thought the European press might have an announcement about the
> 200D. Plenty of Photographers in Australia eagerly waiting too. It
> seems Coolpix is the flavour of the day?

No official mention of the D200 over here. The «interesting» thing
alluded to in the invitation turned out to be the WiFi support in
two of the new Coolpixen. Yeah, right ... This is clearly what Nikon
shooters has been eagerly waiting to hear about ...

I'm lusting for a new body, I've got money burning in my pocket,
and my 1.3x crop F-mount Kodak is getting a bit long in the tooth.
I don't like Canon's optics. I don't like Canon's dedicated flash
system. I am put off by Canon's habit of letting customers betatest
their products.

But if Nikon is incapable of bringing a competitor to the EOS 20D or
the EOS 5D to market, at the end of day I might end up buying a
(shudder) Canon.

Or I just might give in and overspend on the the D2x.
--
- gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no - http://folk.uio.no/gisle/ ]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 10:03:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Gisle Hannemyr <gisle+news@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> Or I just might give in and overspend on the the D2x.

Give in. It's really that good. Sure, it's not a competitor to the 5D or
the 20D, it's above them, but once you get over the sticker shock you'll
be very happy. :) 

Of course, you'll be falling into the trap Nikon has set; by not having
anything to compete with the midrange Canons, they're trying to sell you
on the top end. Oh well.

Oh, and don't listen to Doug about his alleged "reduced contrast range".
He doesn't know what he's talking about, and is completely wrong.

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 3:04:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:02:38 -0000, Jeremy Nixon <jeremy@exit109.com>
wrote:

>Gisle Hannemyr <gisle+news@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
>> Or I just might give in and overspend on the the D2x.
>
>Give in. It's really that good. Sure, it's not a competitor to the 5D or
>the 20D, it's above them, but once you get over the sticker shock you'll
>be very happy. :) 
>
>Of course, you'll be falling into the trap Nikon has set; by not having
>anything to compete with the midrange Canons, they're trying to sell you
>on the top end. Oh well.

You will get an incurable desease. It is chronic, and lasts until you
are too old to lift up a camera to your eye and to feeble to press the
shutter button. You can ease the pain, but never get a cure.

It's called NAS, in honor of Nikon's Nikon Advanced System products
for pro photographers.

If you go to your doctor, he/she will need to consult the New England
Journal of Medicine or The Lancet. And then he/ she will break the
bad news:

Nikon Acquisition Syndrome.

The only known way to get (temporary) relief is go to your local
camera store and buy at least one lens and two filter. At least 2-3
times a year!
>
>Oh, and don't listen to Doug about his alleged "reduced contrast range".
>He doesn't know what he's talking about, and is completely wrong.
!